Brewster Pratap Engineering Division are pleased to be working with a Sheffield based steel business who supply to industries such as Oil and Gas and Aerospace as they look to recruit a CMM Quality Inspector.
Responsible for operating and programming Mitutoyo CMM and inspection of all finished machined parts. Responsible for continuous departmental improvement of processes and overall quality. Ensuring that products meet customer specifications and that production batch quantities are maintained.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Loading finished/unfinished components onto measuring equipment to establish the specification of sizes, roundness, cylindricity, concentricity, and squareness
- Checking output of measuring equipment against specifications to ensure finished products meet customer requirements
- Inputting measurements into spreadsheet
- Responsibility and accountability of related NCRs including raising and investigating to completion
- Packing and labelling finished parts and preparing for shipping, as per customer specification
- Working with other members of the business to ensure production quantities are met on a weekly and ongoing basis
- Programming & Operating Mitutoyo CMM machine and record results
- Ability to read, interpret and understand: Engineering drawings, Standards, Geometrical Tolerances, Surface Finishers
- Carrying out on Job Interval Inspection and alert operator of your findings
- To assist with expediting jobs through the ERP system
- Project management of SPC, Six Sigma activity
- Any reasonable task as requested by the shift supervisor or manager
- Experience of Mitutoyo CMM Measuring - Essential
- Experience in a low to medium volume, high tolerance production environment
- Ideally, 2-3 years' experience in a similar environment
- Experience in use of a range of measuring equipment, Talyrond, Mitutoyo Roundness Test, micrometres, Trimos Height Gauge etc.
- Willingness and ability to adapt to company manufacturing procedures
- Team Management/Leadership experience
In return the business will offer a very competitive salary package, fantastic working conditions and career progression opportunities.
Calibrate Engineering Recruitment is a division of the Brewster Pratap Recruitment Group focusing on the recruitment of talent in engineering, technical and operations jobs in South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire. If you are interested in discussing this job in more detail or any other aspect of accountancy and finance recruitment we would really like to hear from you. Please visit our website at www.brewsterpratap.co.uk for more information on engineering Jobs, engineering recruitment, manufacturing Jobs or manufacturing Recruitment.
- Quality Inspection
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job