CMF Solid Dose Process Technician - Pharmaceutical Industry
Based in Tredegar
Please note, you must be from a pharmaceutical background, and have worked in a similar role within pharma to be considered.
Our client is a leading international pharmaceutical company, with a presence in both the USA and Europe. A full end to end, integrated service provider, they are a trusted partner to the global healthcare industry. Due to continued growth and current European expansion plans, they now have an opportunity for a CMF Solid Dose Process Technician to join their existing scientific team in their manufacturing site in South Wales.
This role reports into the Team Leader within the Contained Manufacturing Facility (CMF). The role requires staff to perform technical operational activities and ensure the cGMP compliant delivery, technical transfer and continuous improvement of Commercial and Clinical projects for internal and external clients in accordance with agreed service levels. The role requires good theoretical and practical understanding of assigned process and equipment.
CMF Solid Dose Process Technician - Main Responsibilities:
- Cleaning & strip down and set-up of the equipment.
- Routine environmental cleaning of the facility.
- Unsupervised operation of pharmaceutical equipment for development, clinical and commercial operations.
- To be involved and promote Continuous Improvement projects within the team.
- Adopt and promote a 'Can Do’ attitude within the department, working cross functionally to ensure that we meet our customers demand in a timely manner.
- Perform IPCs and physical testing to support the manufacture of solid oral dose products.
- Recording of batch manufacturing data.
- To have input into complex FD project work.
- To support activities which ensure the CMF achieves and maintains a state of GMP compliance at all times.
- To observe safe working practices in handling of materials and when conducting manual handling activities.
- To comply with Company Policies, including HSE and environmental standards for the handling of potent formulation down to OELs of 0.01µg/m3.
- To identify self-development needs for future performance.
- To undertake such tasks and to manage specific internal or ad hoc projects as and when required to meet department and business needs and within the scope of the job-holder’s capabilities and responsibilities.
- To dispense raw materials required for manufacturing as per written instructions using calibrated equipment.
- To prepare bulk liquid solutions, semi-solid masses, powder blends and granules from pharmaceutical raw materials.
- To fill liquids and semi-solids into final containers using a full range of equipment.
- To encapsulate bulk powders using full range of capsule filling equipment.
- To produce tablets/granules using a full range of compression/granulation equipment.
- To coat tablets/granules using a full range of sugar and film coating equipment.
- To complete all documentation promptly and accurately to meet the requirements of documentary evidence for the manufacture of pharmaceutical products.
- To calibrate associated equipment as per written procedures and to record results.
- To clean all areas of manufacturing and associated equipment in conformance with GMP using the approved sanitizers at the correct dosage.
CMF Solid Dose Process Technician - Essential Skills and Experience
- 4 GCSE Passes minimum. Including Maths, English and a Science subject would be desirable
- Three years’ experience in a GMP environment
- 3 Years’ Pharmaceutical experience minimum
- Excellent communication, organisation and time management skills.
- Extensive knowledge of GMP and manufacturing process within a pharma environment
- Excellent Client facing, communication and inter-personnel skills
- Good problem solving and analysis skills.
- Ability to ensure all KPI’s, targets and any other departmental deadlines are met
CMF Solid Dose Process Technician - Competitive Salary & Benefits Package
- Salary - Competitive - Dependant on experience
Benefits Include - 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays, Profit Share Scheme, 4 x Death in Service Benefit, Cycle to work scheme, Free Parking, plus more….
Hours of work - 8.30am - 4.30pm - Monday to Friday.
Please be aware that due to the high number of applications we receive, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to get back to every candidate individually. Unfortunately, if you have not heard back from us within 7 days, then on this occasion you may have been unsuccessful. We will however keep your details on file for future roles and other opportunities
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job