Cloud Technical Engineer - Azure - Brighton
Cloud Technical Engineer - Azure - Brighton + Home Based
My government regulatory client in Brighton are looking for a Cloud Technical Engineer to provide hands-on technical support for assessing, architecting and supporting the IAAS platform in an MS Azure tenant along with other hosted infrastructure platforms.
The primary focus of the role is to operate as an Azure Cloud Engineer by taking ownership of all Cloud specific support activities and providing 3rd line support to the infrastructure, development and management teams. The successful candidates will be a determined and self-motivated individual who can work under pressure amongst other technically minded colleagues.
- develop and produce MS Azure based architectural documentation, including providing best practice design recommendations for migration of applications from on-premise to the Azure Cloud.
- design a highly available and scalable cloud infrastructure tuned to project and business requirements. Designs should focus on secure configuration, utilising single sign on and multi-factor authentication with adherence to the NCSC and ISO27001 standards.
- install, configure, automate, and monitor various cloud services, Infrastructure as a Service and Platform (IaaS, PaaS).
- set up & troubleshoot Azure builds, including but not limited to
- configure application-aware infrastructure to automatically handle application requirements, security, and disaster-preparedness functions such as back-ups and data recovery.
Essential and Desirable Criteria
- Microsoft Azure Certification (MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure or equivalent)
- Demonstrable experience designing and supporting Azure environments, including IaaS and PaaS
- Hands on experience using the Azure administration portal
- Demonstrable experience deploying enterprise workloads to Azure
- Knowledge of at least one other cloud hosting solution in addition to Azure (e.g. Google, AWS, Helion Cloud, SoftLayer).
- Proficiency with PowerShell, Python, or other scripting languages
- Experience designing and supporting enterprise core services as well as cloud deployments of these services
- Extensive knowledge of the Microsoft Enterprise software products and services
- Experience in the use of MS DevOps and Terraform.
- Business Continuity or Disaster Recovery planning
- Experience with Agile & Waterfall.
- Ability to work autonomously, to tight deadlines on a number of projects in parallel.
- Pension up to 25%
- discretionary bonus arrangements
- access to performance related pay progression
- 25 days annual leave provision
- flexible working arrangements
- development opportunities
- enhanced parental leave arrangements
- a free employee assistance programme
- an excellent office location in Brighton.
To learn more about this opportunity please hit the 'apply now' button.
- Azure IaaS
- PaaS ARM
- Containers & Azure AD.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'