Are you looking for a new opportunity working as a Cloud Systems Support Engineer to be based in Eynsham, Oxfordshire?
This is an exciting opportunity for a 3rd Line NOC / CLoud Infrastructure Engineer wishing to work in a System Support Team supporting a mix of education and commercial customers.
The role incorporates providing support for the Freedom Cloud hosted environments and datacentres, supporting customers with hosted services, and providing infrastructure support to customers
Main Duties of the Role
- To provide a professional technical advisory, diagnostic and repair support service to the customer within a Service Team, via telephone, email and remote support.
- To manage all incidents within agreed SLA timescales, escalating where required ensuring that timescales are met.
- To ensure all support work undertaken is accurately recorded on the Service Management Systems (SMS), ensuring the SMS is kept fully up-to-date with the status of each ongoing problem
- To support junior team members in the resolution of incidents.
- To operate in according with all processes and procedures and to ensure compliance with the defined security policies regarding access to the System Support area and any supported systems.
- Occasional requirement to attend off-site data centre(s) to implement / maintain systems
- Occasional requirement to attend customer sites to assist with technical issues or project work.
- To complete additional ad hoc project work, as required.
- To assist the Services management team by carrying out reasonable requests for additional duties as and when required.
- To make recommendations on potential improvements to working practices and performance to improve service levels and customer satisfaction.
Your Skills and Experience
- At least 5 years’ relevant experience working within a support or hosting operations environment
- Full clean UK driving license is essential
- VSphere, VCentre and VCloud Director for Service Providers
- Experience with HP 3PAR,Tegile, Equallogic, or similar storage technology
- Experience with HP and / or Dell Blade Enclosure hardware configuration and maintenance
- HP / Aruba networking technologies
- Good working knowledge of:
- VEEAM and Acronis backup technologies
- VLANs and VPN configuration
- Server based client services (DHCP, DNS, NPS)PowerShell scripting
- SAN technologies
- Server & Infrastructure hardware
- Powershell Scripting
- VMWare Certifications
- Cisco/HP Networking Certifications
- Aruba Certified Mobility Professional ideal
- Microsoft Certifications
- £34k-£36k per annum
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job