Are you looking to work at one of the UK's top organisation ranking in to top ten in their sector?
We are looking for a Microsoft Azure Specialist to lead all Cloud based projects and to optimise the platform currently running in a hybrid environment. You'll be the go to person within this outstanding organisation for all things Azure.
You will be responsible for;
- Design efficient cloud ecosystems to support enterprise applications, identifying potential obstacles and solutions regarding the use of cloud computing environment.
- Drive the architecture/design and implementation to migrate applications to cloud-based PaaS, IaaS and SaaS products, including optimising technical reliability and improving application performance.
- Work with Development, Infrastructure, Architecture and 3rd parties to define suitable design patterns for new services to be deployed in Azure; including IaaS, PaaS and SaaS as options.
- Assess usage and utilization trends to make appropriate recommendations towards scaling our cloud environments.
- Manage infrastructure costs in Cloud and Hybrid environments, perform scripting, and create future proof Cloud designs and implementations.
- Establish and consult on best practices and standard operating procedures for development, deployment, support, break-fix, and systems management.
- Evaluate the existing teams and methodologies in place and successfully transition to a more modern DevOps/Scrum/Agile delivery approach.
- Put in place processes and systems to ensure that the agreed standards become embedded in the creation of new infrastructure in Cloud Environments (Azure).
The idea candidate with possess the below knowledge/experience;
- Expert knowledge of Azure including experience with developing infrastructure in Azure using Powershell and ARM Templates, Visual Studio,
- Understanding of Azure Policies, Azure IaaS (v2/ARM), Azure Application services.
- Good understanding of VNETS in Azure together with network security,
- Good knowledge of the comparative capabilities of various Azure components (particularly between the IaaS and PaaS groupings)
- Strong Automation skills through tools like PowerShell and ARM scripts
- Backup Technologies such as Netbackup / Veeam and Azure backup services
- Working knowledge of networking and basic concepts of security techniques
- Ability to develop, test and maintain programming environments and architectural standards
- broad knowledge of IT and an excellent understanding of how the use of cloud relates to other areas of IT and how it impacts on other business functions
Should have a "code" first approach to infrastructure with elements held in source control.
- Should be experienced in continual deployments.
- Should have good knowledge of user identity management with in Azure and
MCSE or equivalent in Cloud platforms
Educated to degree level
If you are looking for a fantastic opportunity to become a leading consultant working on some of the most exciting cloud based projects in the market, send your CV to
Azure, Microsoft Azure, Cloud, Office 365, MS Exchange, Consultant, Gold Partner, Microsoft, O365, Consultant, Architect, Microsoft Cloud, Windows Azure, Solutions Architect, Technical Consultant, IaaS
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job