Cloud Solutions Architect
We have partnered with a forward thinking global technology organisation who has adopted a cloud first approach to their Infrastructure and IT Services. This role will operate within a DevOps environment and should be comfortable with Agile methodologies, ITIL framework, and possess experience designing Cloud solutions in Linux.
The Cloud Solutions Architect will ensure the reliability and scalability of global cloud infrastructure services running in multiple Cloud platforms and supporting applications and products.
- Design, implement and maintain Cloud DevOps tools and Cloud Infrastructure.
- Work closely with application and testing teams to ensure ongoing alignment towards the target architecture.
- Driving effectiveness, efficiency and continuous improvement through the use of automation and adoption of appropriate and approved tools.
- Translate business and technical requirements into Cloud solutions.
- Comfortable with frequent, incremental code, testing and deployment.
- Experience / familiarity with systems including Windows and Linux systems.
- Excellent knowledge of AWS environments, preferably large or global systems.
- Knowledge of Google Cloud and Century Link.
- Exposure to Ansible, Chef or Puppet.
- Broad systems and infrastructure knowledge which could include CI tools, containerisation using Docker, Kubernetes or Openshift.
- Contribute to the success of building and maintaining a world-class cloud infrastructure, with key objectives in the areas utilization, availability, capacity, scalability, performance and security management.
- Work with the design teams to ensure effective designs and application of the cloud and hosting services.
- Identify and resolve problems with the services and support the resolution of problems in dependent services.
- Collaborate with and provide expertise/guidance to other teams inside and outside of the IT organization, such as Customer Support, Networks and 3rd Party Vendors.
- Coaching junior members of the team.
- Ensure DevOps and automation is applied to facilitate an effective and efficient cloud environment for application.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Solid experience as a DevOps and Cloud Administrator with systems design experience.
- Good experience of design and implementation of infrastructure, applications and Cloud Solutions at enterprise level.
- Be a key stakeholder in driving DevOps.
- Work in a cross functional DevOps team.
- Experience with Datacentre migration, Cloud migration, integration and consolidation efforts.
- Strong Linux infrastructure background and hands on exposure to Cloud and automation technologies.
- Strong scripting and coding using Python, Ruby and Bash.
- Understanding of Cloud Services, such as Azure, AWS, Google, etc.
- Jenkins CI.
- Github & Gitflow
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job