Cloud Software Engineer / Full Stack Developer
Abingdon, United Kingdom
At the companies Abingdon, UK, we require an experienced Full Stack Cloud Developer to design, develop, test and support operations of some of our Software as Service products. The focus of the team is the delivery of a leading commercial Software as Service product to help experts in the energy sector plan the development of their field assets.
This work requires the successful applicant primarily to be experienced in Angular for front-end development and back end development (with C++ or C# or preferably Go). The candidate should also have good experience with microservices and containers. She/he should be flexible, open to learn in areas where not proficient and ready to be involved in all aspects of the software development cycle specifically, design, development, automated testing, automated deployment and build, software reliability engineering and operation support. It is beneficial, though not mandatory, to have security knowledge and experience.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
It is expected that the successful candidate will be able to:?
- Design and develop apps and workflows.
- Build automated tests and own source code quality.
- Contribute to the automated deployment and build.
- Support the software reliability engineering and contribute to the software operation.
- Participate in technical reviews of requirements, designs, code and other SCRUM ceremonies.
- Create and maintain app/workflow documentation.
- Share expertise throughout the company and expand his/her informal network.
- Identify and keep abreast of new technical concepts in Full Stack Development.
Qualifications and competencies:
The successful candidate should possess the following:
- Degree or higher qualification in either Computer Science, or Mathematics, Science or Engineering Discipline with programming experience.
- Multiple years of commercial experience developing back end software in C++ or C#, or preferably Go
- Multiple years of commercial experience of using Angular (v7 and above)
- Multiple years of commercial experience developing microservices (APIGEE or other)
- Experience with SRE based operation and continuous integration and deployment
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to be involved and deliver in all aspects of the software development cycle (design, development, automated testing, automated deployment and build, software reliability engineering and operation support)
- Excellent time-management, multi-tasking, and communication skills.
- Ability to combine technical skills and design sensibilities
Experience in any of the following would be preferred:
- Cloud platforms (e.g. Google Cloud Platform & Microsoft Azure) and Openshift
- Container platforms and orchestration
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'