Job; Cloud Platform Engineer - Remote/Manchester UK
Since this company’s launch in 2004, they’ve helped over 10 million people in the UK and US find homes to share and great people to share them with. They’re a modern family business, owned only by their Founders and Directors.
It’s an exciting time to be joining their Platform team as they’ve just migrated the majority of their infrastructure from a datacentre to Google Cloud Platform. They’re looking for a passionate Platform Engineer to help them optimise their system, improve security, and develop solutions that utilises many of the benefits cloud engineering offers.
- Ensure reliability, optimum performance and security of all platforms.
- Develop standardised solutions for servers, networks and delivery.
- Continue to automate as much of their process as possible.
- Work with development teams to engineer system wide solutions.
- Help to maintain quality and standards of their engineering team.
- Empower other teams with self service solutions.
To be successful in this role you will need an in-depth knowledge of developing 'cloud native’ or 'digital native’ solutions.
Required (in descending order of importance):
- IaaS Platforms - (Google Cloud Platform)
- Configuration Management - (Puppet),
- Infrastructure as Code (Terraform)
- Databases (MySQL).
- Containerization - (Docker & Kubernetes).
- AWS, Azure, Rackspace.
- Datacentre experience - a few bits still need moving to the cloud.
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration processes - (Jenkins, in particular).
- Scripting/programming languages (e.g. Perl, Python, Golang or Bash).
- CDNs (they use Fastly).
- Desktop support (e.g. Meraki Device Management, Troubleshooting issues, User management).
- £’s; fully DoE approx. £50k-£75k (neg.),
- Benefits; Tech Scheme, Season travel loans, Matched pension contributions, Gym membership contributions, Optional private healthcare, Rental deposit loan scheme, holiday allowance starting at 23 days, as well as Bank and Public Holidays.
- Location; 100% remote/work from home (with very occasional visits to their Manchester datacentre if/when absolutely required),
- Interested? Please send your (Word doc) CV,
- Please only apply if you already have a UK NI number & the ability to work in the UK indefinitely & without sponsorship
- Not for you but you know someone suitable? - Profile 29 can pay a referral fee,
- Visit our website for lists of all current job opportunities,
Profile 29 recruitment keywords; IaaS Google Cloud Platform GCP Configuration Management Puppet Infrastructure as Code Terraform Databases MySQL Containerization Docker Kubernetes AWS Azure Rackspace Datacentre Continuous Integration processes Jenkins Scripting programming languages Perl Python Golang Bash CDN Fastly Desktop support Meraki Device Management Troubleshooting User management remote home WFH Manchester cheshire north west engineer
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'