WorkCast has been helping businesses run amazing online events since 2008. In that time, we’ve developed a powerful SaaS platform that allows organisations to run webinars and virtual events at scale and with outstanding attendee experiences. We also support the platform with outstanding support and additional event services.
WorkCast has offices in North East England, Seattle USA, and Edinburgh, Scotland. Our market leading webinar and virtual events platform is used by major organisations including Sony, Elsevier, Wiley, Nature Magazine, Schroders, L'Oreal and Standard Life.
About the role
In this role, you will be responsible for providing a professional, efficient and effective service to the business. The key focus is to ensure that employees have the equipment, knowledge and confidence in the IT system they are required to use. As part of your role, you will be responsible for installing, maintaining and administering IT equipment provided by WorkCast ensuring business continuity at all times. This includes, but not limited to, Windows and Mac computers, physical and virtual servers, network hardware and software.
As an Infrastructure Engineer you will need to have a strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware. You will also need to be able to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network devices including firewalls, routers, switches, and controllers. A deep working knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols is highly desired.
Ultimately, you will execute and automate operational processes fast, accurately and securely.
The role will largely be based on site at our head office in Houghton-le-Spring, with some home working when appropriate.
- Maintaining and administering networks infrastructure, server environments including systems software, applications software, hardware, and configurations
- Performing disaster recovery operations and data backups when required
- Protecting data, software, and hardware by coordinating, planning and implementing network security measures.
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving hardware, software, and other network and system problems.
- Replacing faulty network hardware components when required.
- Maintaining, configuring, and monitoring virus protection software and email applications.
- Monitoring network performance to determine if adjustments need to be made.
- Conferring with users about solving existing system problems in a timely manner.
- Installing, configuring, testing and maintaining operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Provide first, second, and third line support where required.
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Implement integrations requested by employees
- Perform root cause analysis for production errors
- Respond to security threats from various notification platforms and investigate suspicious activity and alerts
- Perform and evaluate regular internal and external vulnerability scans
- Monitor security system logs (i.e. Web Application Firewall, firewall system logs, etc.) and report on discovered anomalies or problems (i.e. performance issues, inappropriate access patterns)
- Alignment of IT and information security controls across Group companies
- Evaluating and reporting on new and potential beneficial technologies
- Provide expert technical security services as and when required for Client requirements, internal audit, external audit and any prevailing certification activities.
- Work with different companies in the group to build, scale, and secure cloud infrastructure
Key skills and knowledge
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of network infrastructure and network hardware
- Ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices, including wireless access points, firewall, routers, switches, controllers
- Provides specific detailed information for hardware and software selection
- Experience in networking, troubleshooting, and analysis tools
- A good understanding of the below technologies and servers; SonicWall Firewalls, Dell Switches, Networking, Hyper-v failover cluster, Cisco Meraki AP, Windows Server 2008/2012/2016/2019, Windows 10, Apple Mac, VoIP, Unix (Ubuntu), PowerShell, Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, JAMF AD Connect, GSuite, Office 365, Microsoft Teams, Atlassian JIRA
WorkCast offer a competitive salary with some great benefits. We are keen to provide stock options to key team members.
We provide a fun environment with many company social activities, a pension scheme, life assurance and excellent holidays. We also offer private healthcare and a discounted PureGym membership.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'