Senior Cloud infrastructure Engineer required for my client, a Gloucestershire based technology company.
Working with the Infrastructure Architects and Developers the Cloud Infrastructure Engineer will contribute to the design, build and deployment of platforms and solutions that will drive the technical future of the business.
The objectives of the team are to design and build innovative, industry leading, solutions that will be deployed to a global market through not only our Internet, but also 1&1 Internet and Arsys Internet.
The current roadmap for the team is dominated by the continuing development of Container Hosting Platforms, using Redhat's Openshift utilising Docker and Kubernetes. These platforms are hosted in the companies own data centres around the world
- Contribute to the design of new infrastructure solutions as assigned through the company's project process
- Build, implement, test and document new infrastructure solutions as assigned through the company's project process
- Provide operational support to new platforms and solutions through the initial launch phase.
- Play an active role in the handover of operational support to the Operations Team
Cloud Infrastructure Engineer will be specialists within their own field but they are also expected to have a good understanding of all areas.
- Deployment and management of large scale systems and platforms
- Advanced Linux server administration, preferably RHCE certified
- Experience with configuration management and automation systems, such as Puppet or Ansible
- Experience with container technology, specifically Docker
- Experience of container management and orchestration, preferably OpenShift and Kubernetes
- Administration, troubleshooting and fault diagnosis of Linux based hosting systems
- Scripting skills (eg BASH, Python, Perl)
- Openstack administration
An excellent chance to join a leading technology and hosting business at a time of significant growth and positive change
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job