Datto protects business data and provides secure connectivity for tens of thousands of the world’s fastest growing companies. Datto’s Total Data Protection solutions deliver uninterrupted access to business data on site, in transit and in the cloud. Thousands of IT service providers globally rely on Datto’s combination of pioneering technology and dedicated services to ensure businesses are always on, no matter what. Datto is headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and has offices in Monroe, Rochester, Boston, Portland, Toronto, London, Singapore, Sydney, Frankfurt, and Amsterdam.
- Participate in and lead Datto infrastructure expansion and enhancement projects of varying size and scope Install, configure and maintain Datto Linux network operating systems (Ubuntu) and custom internal applications
- Ensure system stability, scalability, security and performance requirements
- Create and maintain documentation surrounding our infrastructure
- Set up and maintain monitoring of all Datto internal systems, including servers and other critical equipment, using Zabbix
- Automate processes through scripting and configuration management tools such as Puppet
- Assist development team and rest of company with technical computing requirements and ongoing needs
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Must have solid foundation of ZFS and Linux skills
- Systems monitoring software, Zabbix preferred.
- 2-4+ Years experience with Linux administration in an enterprise or 'software as a service’ environment.
- Experience with Linux firewalls (UFW / IPTables) and general Linux networking.
- Experience with scripting and system automation (Python, Bash, Perl, Awk, etc).
- Experience supporting DNS, webservers, and load balancers.
- Experience with Puppet and Openstack a plus.
- Ability to work independently under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for technology
- Strong verbal and written communication skills—documentation skills mandatory
- Good diagnostic expertise including problem investigation, root-cause analysis and resolution skills
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to quickly acquire new skills and thrive in a team-based environment
- Professional and courteous attitude with attention to customer service
- Ability to work efficiently on multiple projects
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Limited travel may be required
- Off hours support required
Here at Datto our people are our greatest asset, which is why we offer a comprehensive and unique benefits package. Above and beyond the typical annual leave and pension, we also offer fitness reimbursement, private medical cover, free snacks, an amazing office with onsite pub, plus free lunch every Friday in all of our offices globally.
- Cloud Security