Hancock and Parsons are looking for a Solutions Architect to support a Microsoft Gold Partner on a Permanent basis.
We can offer you a home-based contract with travel to client sites when required.
About the Company
A leading managed service provider with a rich end-to-end solution portfolio covering Cloud and Collaboration, designed and delivered by their own highly skilled teams. A National company with offices in London, Harrogate and Reading, with over 500 highly skilled Technical staff members.
The Role and Requirements
As a Solutions Architect you will work with the sales teams to achieve business growth goals and objectives. This is done by providing responsive, timely and accurate pre-sales technical resource to understand customer requirements and design solutions to enable the outcomes sought by the customer.
- Own all aspects of the project cycle from initial engagement with
- Pre-sales capacity to design, delivery and hand-over into support
- Ensure the design and delivery is as accurate and suitable for the customer
- Ensure a coherent and consistent technical strategy is applied, providing technical leadership and architectural governance on all solutions,
- Produce solution proposal documentation for sales incorporating all specialist areas as appropriate ie Server, Storage, Software, Networking, Services, etc. either directly or via the tender team
- Act as the technical authority, overseeing infrastructure transformation programmes and projects or submitting internal design documentation for managed services,
- lead the development of technology strategy, roadmaps and future state architectures
- Managing all solutions activity prior to any contract. This work will consist of answering the solutions elements of any RFI/RFP/ITT for opportunities, and Adherence to ISO09001 ISO27001 and ISO22301 certification standards:
Key Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Experience within a managed service provider market, either in a pre-sales or solutions architect role.
- VMware vCloud Director, vSphere, Site Recovery Manager, vRealize Operations, vSAN and Horizon View
- Microsoft Windows Server, SQL and Exchange
- Microsoft Azure or AWS
- Experience or knowledge of enterprise storage, networking technologies or security products would also be advantageous.
- Polished presentation and white-boarding skills and be confident in front of audiences up to and including CxO level.
- Ability to take a technical concept and convey it into a workable solution, but also have the ability to explain in simple language to non-technical personnel the detail of such a solution
- Demonstrate solid commercial awareness
- Ability to work on own initiative, under pressure and meet deadlines
- Full UK driving license required
Remuneration & Benefits
- Basic salary of between £75,000 - £90,000
- A home-based contract with travel to client sites.
- Monday to Friday 9.00am - 5.30 pm (some flexibility required)
- Flexible Holidays -buy up to 10 days or sell up to 5 days holiday per year
- Life Assurance, Employer pension contributions, Childcare vouchers, Private Medical Insurance
- Travel/Study Loans
- Employee discounts scheme
- Length of service awards
- Regular staff events - charity, social and family fun days
- Cloud Computing
- Windows Azure
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job