The Gartner for Technical Professionals (GTP) team is a highly collaborative group of industry analysts. Members of the team work together to produce research that answers the most pressing questions being asked by technical professionals in government, commercial and not-for-profit organizations. Research is delivered in the form of written documents, presentations, dialogues, videos, blogs, and other forms of social media. A GTP analyst is an articulate thought-leader, and also an inquisitive student. The ideal candidate will have a hands-on practitioner background from working in advanced technical roles (e.g. Director of Application Development, Software or Solution Architect, Software Developer, CTO of a smaller organization, etc.)
- Develop thought leading research deliverables.
- Work with clients on strategic and tactical technology challenges.
- Deliver presentations at Gartner events, including Catalyst, Summits, and Symposia.
- Work with software vendors on product direction.
- Attain industry leadership by responding to press inquiries and speaking at industry events.
- Support Gartner sales with client visits and consultation.
- Contribute to research and agenda planning.
- Other duties as assigned.
GTP is seeking an experienced technical professional with cloud-native application architecture and platform knowledge. Qualified candidates will demonstrate expertise in three or more of the following areas:
- In depth knowledge of one or more leading cloud application platforms (e.g. Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services).
- In depth knowledge of one or more leading high-productivity cloud application platforms (e.g. OutSystems, Mendix).
- In depth knowledge of one or more leading cloud-native application frameworks (e.g. CloudFoundry, OpenShift).
- In depth knowledge of application containers (e.g. Docker), container orchestration engines (e.g. Kubernetes, Mesos), and automation tools (e.g. Spinnaker, Chef).
- Experience developing, testing, deploying, and managing cloud-native applications, including knowledge of common cloud-native architecture design patterns and anti-patterns, including microservices architecture.
- Deep opinions on cloud-native platform vendor and framework trends.
- Technology Team Leadership (e.g. project management, development/QA team management)
- The successful candidate has substantial expertise and is likely to be viewed in industry as an evangelist within these topics.
- Candidates may come from an end user environment, software vendor in the product team, creative design shop as a supplier and/or a consulting background in this space.
- Whilst hands-on technical knowledge and experience is critical, it is equally important that the successful candidate has the ability to see beyond design to meet business and commercial aims.
- Excellent writing and research skills, coupled with strong analytical skills.
- Excellent presentation skills, including small to large audiences (500+ people)
- Excellent collaboration skills, able to graciously give and receive constructive feedback
- Ability to take a position, based on facts, and support that position to clients, both external and internal, with clear analysis. Willingness to openly consider new information. “Strong opinions, weakly held.”
- Broad knowledge of industry trends and emerging technologies.
- Ability to identify how changing technologies will impact technology choices in architectural decisions.
- Ability to travel approximately 20% of the time, mostly within the region (EMEA/NA depending on home base), some international travel.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job