Clinical Trial Design Methodology Expert - Statistical Innovation Team
At AstraZeneca, we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing.
We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people's exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe.
As a Clinical Trial Methodology Expert you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives. GMD (Global Medicines Development) drives late-stage development of our innovative pipeline, transforming exciting science into valued new medicines and ensuring patients around the world can access them.
The preferred location for the position is in Cambridge, UK, or in Gothenburg, Sweden.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Advanced Analytics Centre provides advanced methodological and analytical support to the AstraZeneca drug development organisation, and is a novel, innovative, exciting and challenging place to work. The five AAC skill groups are: Statistical Innovation, Data Science, Biomedical Informatics, Health Informatics and Decision Sciences.
Statistical Innovation is the methodological hub for statistical design and analysis of clinical trials. It also covers statistical methodology for observational studies, Health Economics, and decision analysis.
As a key clinical trial methods expert you will provide consultancy to, and collaborate with, fellow statisticians as well as medical scientists and other key roles across the business. You will also lead and participate in more strategic activities such as capability build projects, which deliver broad improvements to the way clinical trials are designed and analyzed in AstraZeneca. You are expected to develop and implement new methodology and interact with external scientists and regulators, through publications, presentations and cross-industry collaborations.
You will provide 'just in time' consulting and mentoring primarily for clinical trial design questions, proactively identify new areas where Statistical Innovation can add value, develop collaborative relationships with the external scientific/academic community, as well as innovate in collaboration with groups across AZ, including the other AAC groups. You will thus have the opportunity to use your statistical expertise to influence the design of key clinical trials that are instrumental both to AstraZeneca, patients and the wider scientific community. In addition, you will contribute to or lead capability build in one or more of the following statistical areas: Advanced/adaptive clinical trial design, multiplicity, subgroups and biomarkers, decision analytics. You will work regularly in a global, cross-skilled setting, with manager, colleagues and customers spread over 3 research sites.
- Strong track record of research and methodological development in Statistics, supported by scientific publications in first class statistical journals
- Documented ability of delivering innovative statistical solutions in an applied environment (preferably related to clinical trial design)
- High level of competence in global and cross-skilled collaborative working
- An urge to apply your scientific competence on practical problems, for the benefit of patients
- PhD in Statistics or a related discipline, followed by considerable experience of independent academic research and/or clinical drug development
- Knowledge / research experience in group-sequential/adaptive designs, multiple testing, Bayesian statistics, optimal design theory, missing data, non-linear and mixed effect models
- Ability to implement methods computationally in the candidate’s area of expertise, in for example R, SAS or the language of choice of the candidate.
- Broad awareness of statistical issues against the evolving scientific, regulatory & payer landscape
Next Steps -- Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience -- it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job