Clinical Team Leader: Male PICU
Do you want to join an organisation that truly lives its values?
Cygnet Health Care is one of the UK's largest independent providers of inpatient mental health services, offering high quality treatment options predominantly to the NHS. A diverse range of highly specialised services are provided across different levels of security.
We are looking for a fantastic Clinical Team Leader, to help shape and develop our service at Cygnet Maidstone.
The Clinical Team Leader will be responsible for the provision of clinical leadership and management to the immediate clinical team members on a day to day basis on the Male PICU Ward within Cygnet Hospital Maidstone, a new purpose built 65 bedded hospital. The Clinical Team Leader will be expected to ensure that relevant clinical supervision is provided to junior staff, standards of service provision are set, monitored and maintained and that people, who use the service, and their carers, are involved in the service in the way they wish to be.We are looking for:
• An Experienced RMN with a current Pin Number
• Have experience working with an adult mental health client group
• Have knowledge of the Mental Health Act 1983, an understanding of latest nursing practices and are able to deputise in a clinical lead role
• Have the capacity to maintain documentation and undertake audits
Compassionate and focused on patient recovery to monitor, manage and reduce risk whilst helping to empower and support service user independence
The postholder will be expected to work flexibly across all the service lines, as need arise; delivery of excellence in quality care provision, ensuring all clinical governance and compliance targets are met.Key roles
• Supervise the smooth running of a shift and take leadership responsibility for the ward in the absence of the Ward Manager.
• Act as a role model to all staff in clinical areas, helping to maintain a motivated positive work force.
• Will work within their NMC code of conduct.
• Actively promote best practice clinical care on the ward.
• Participate in the manager's on-call system to provide the first point of contact for ward based staff, outside of normal working hours.
• Take an active role in clinical audit on the ward and in the hospital.
• Actively coach and mentor staff to improve practice on the ward.
• Take a lead role in working with the Multi-Disciplinary Team to coordinate and effective care plans which meet the physical & emotional needs of the service users in a caring and empathic manner.
• Undertake any reasonable request.
• Aware of the Cygnet core values & behaviours and use them to provide a daily framework for your working with service users and colleagues
• Participate in training and development of staff.
• Follow and ensure others implement Cygnet Health Care Policy and Procedures and maintain level of service, which meets the standard for the hospital.
• Strong career progression opportunities within the region, including into management roles
• RCNi membership
• Monthly reflective practice, support with revalidation & CPD opportunities
• Expert clinical supervision & peer support
• Employee referral scheme
• Pension scheme
• Employee discount savings & “Cycle to work” scheme
• We pay 50% of the registration fee with the Nursing and Midwifery Council
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Do you want a career that inspires people? Please click on the 'apply now' link below and one of our recruitment team will be in contact shortly. If you need any help with your application, please contact the Recruitment Team on.
If you have any questions regarding the role, please feel free to contact
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'