This post will be responsible for facilitating clinical information system training so as to ensure that training delivery aligns to the system setup and configuration to comprehensively support front-line operational service management and delivery (clinical & administrative). This post will also devise and develop role-based specific clinical information systems training materials based on agreed service changes and will deliver end user training to agreed training programmes accounting for essential IT skills, business continuity, data quality, information governance and information reporting considerations together with reinforcement of key messages.
The post holder will provide expert clinical information systems specialist advice, guidance and best practice in fulfilling the duties of the role.
KEY RESULT AREAS:
- To engage and build close working relationships with front-line operational services (Trust wide) in order to develop a detailed understanding of existing business processes, issues and future requirements (including the identification of benefits) in respect of Trust clinical information systems usage. This requires the individual to fully immerse within the service area/care setting for dedicated periods of time covering both administrative and clinical service perspectives.
- To facilitate the business change process as part of the implementation of clinical information systems developments and service re-design. This includes the documenting of Current State business processes and the subsequent design/development of Future State business processes (incorporating business continuity, information governance, information reporting and data quality requirements) required to support operational service delivery and to ensure alignment and incorporation within localised training materials.
- The development of clinical information system documentation, e.g. clinical templates, assessments, care plans, rotas etc. thus ensuring that the clinical information systems are configured to meet the requirements of the service, including service specification needs as agreed with Commissioners so as to capture the necessary data to to comply with performance information reporting requirements.
- To design and develop service specific IT training based on the understanding of clinical information system and operational service requirements. This also includes the design and development of clinical information systems training materials (including locally developed training scripts/scenarios) in the context of and relevant to the service/functional area in question. This will form part of the preparations for necessary changes to clinical information systems in readiness for go live and post go live operational system usage, incorporating data quality, business continuity, information governance and information reporting dimensions.
- To facilitate the delivery of clinical information systems training (including data quality, business continuity, information governance, information reporting and registration authority/smartcard considerations) to end users in across a variety of care settings, using modern delivery techniques that incorporate different learning styles
- As part of implementation activities for major changes to clinical information systems, the provision of initial post go live support to operational services, identifying any additional training requirements and to act as the initial point of contact during transition into operational services.
- To provide reports and statistics on training delivery progress to the Mental Health Information System Programme Manager and ETD Lead as part of project process monitoring activities.
- Conduct impact assessments of future clinical information system upgrades based on clinical information system supplier provided changes/release notes and to subsequently review/revise training materials accordingly based on the changes to service operations.
- The development of user guides and quick reference guides for use by operational services, where appropriate.
- To prepare and deliver operational services end user training for the Trust's clinical information systems on an on-going basis in line with agreed operational training programmes and schedules that are available to staff (e.g. new starters). This will predominantly group training sessions but will also incorporate 1-2-1 based training where a defined need has been determined by operational service management.
- To manage the development, refresh and restore of clinical information system training environments for use during end user training. This will include ongoing maintenance so as to ensure that the training environments system configuration mirrors the live clinical information system environments as closely as possible and when new versions of clinical information systems are released. Ensure that training environments are equipped and adequately set up to support the delivery of training sessions adhering to Health & Safety guidelines.
- To provide training and support to system champions (designated service leads) and support service staff (e.g. ICT Service desk analysts) during the project implementation and during handover activities to operational services as part of transition arrangements.
- To identify and promote the benefits of the new clinical information systems to managers and staff (end users) during service re-design/transformational change workshops, engagement events, user forums, system demonstrations and end user training.
PLEASE NOTE: DUE TO THE LARGE VOLUME OF APPLICATIONS WE RECEIVE IT IS ONLY POSSIBLE TO RESPOND TO SHORT LISTED CANDIDATES. IF YOU HAVE NOT BEEN CONTACTED WITHIN 5 WORKING DAYS OF YOUR APPLICATION THEN ON THIS OCCASION YOUR APPLICATION HAS NOT BEEN SUCCESSFUL.
- train the trainer
- clinical systems