BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Edgbaston Hospital in Birmingham has a vacancy for a Clinical Specialist - Hand Therapy to join their team of staff in the Physiotherapy department.
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Member of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP)/Royal College of Occupational Therapists (RCOT)
- Registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Knowledge of CSP/RCOT and HCPC Codes and guidelines and their implications for practice.
- Knowledge of the Care Standards Act and Care and Quality Commission Requirements.
- Strong organisational and planning skills, including risk management.
- Advanced training/recognised qualifications in specialist area. For example, BAHT Level I or equivalent plus further formal hand therapy education
- Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence.
Duties of this role include:
- Support the team to deliver care that helps improve the health of the individual and wider community.
- Support the team in demonstrating compassion through effective relationships based on empathy, respect and dignity.
- Develop own competence to deliver effective care and treatments through improving clinical/technical knowledge / skill, and expertise following self-learning, specialist peer review, attending the biannual hand therapy study days and BAHT Level II courses.
- Communicate appropriately with others involved in the care of the patient.
- Act as an advocate for patients with safeguarding needs; demonstrate courage to speak up when there are concerns about care.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.