Active Assistance is an award winning care provider supporting individuals with complex and continuing health care needs. Our philosophy is based on the principle that each client is unique and our services provide tailored support covering complex clinical conditions.
The Clinical Skills Trainer is responsible for delivering in-house clinical and mandatory training to Personal Care Assistants, Bank Nurses and other relevant staff in a classroom environment in Leicester.
- Train and assess Personal Care Assistants, Bank Nurses and other relevant staff in clinical skills such as Suction, Tracheostomy care, Ventilation, Enteral Feed, Catheterisation etc.
- Work with the training team and local clinical teams to ensure all Personal Care Assistants, Bank Nurses and other relevant staff possess the knowledge and skills to carry out extended roles in a simulated training environment (this will compliment client based competencies outside the classroom)
- Train and assess Personal Care Assistants, Bank Nurses and other relevant staff in mandatory skills such as Safer People Handling, Medication administration, 1st aid and deliver mandatory training content such as Safeguarding, Health & Safety, Continence Care
- Deliver additional group or one to one sessions as required
- Work with the Training Team to support the training, development and supervision of Personal Care Assistants, Bank Nurses and other relevant staff, including Neurogenic Bowel Management & Competency Training
- Update specialist knowledge & skills in line with current best practice regarding Neurological conditions etc.
- Contribute to the review of training and development resources and content
- Attend and contribute to Team Meetings and other meetings as required
- Maintain own knowledge and competence by undertaking appropriate continuing professional development and clinical/ non-clinical supervision as needed
- Inform the Training Manager/Care Service Manager/ Regional Clinical Manager of any issues that are likely to adversely impact quality of client care and/or health and safety of employees
- Liaise with various departments as needed
- Enter relevant training onto PA record where applicable
- Tasks and projects as determined by Training Manager/ Regional Clinical Manager and within the scope of the role
SPECIFIC SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Registered General Nurse, Registered Sick Children’s Nurse, Registered Learning Disabilities Nurse, with knowledge and understanding of clinical skills such as Tracheostomy, Enteral Feed, and Catheterisation etc.
- Previous experience working with people with Spinal Cord Injury, Acquired Brain Injury or long term Neurological conditions, ideally in a community setting
- Confidence when working within a team as well as self-motivated to work independently
- Strong presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Adaptable and flexible approach to tasks
- Computer literate with good Microsoft Word knowledge
- Independent, self-motivated and able to work with minimal direct supervision
- Car owner with full UK driving licence
- Training qualification i.e. Teaching & Assessing award, Mentorship award, Safer People Handling Trainer and/or Assessor
This role is classroom based. The Clinical Skills Trainer will be expected to work 37.5 hours per week flexibly to ensure delivery of course content to assure all PAs on course achieve the essential learning outcomes
- Clinical Skills
- Medication Administration
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job