BMI Bishops Wood Hospital in Northwood is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Clinical Services Manager to join their team of staff in the Oncology Nursing department.
This is a Full-time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Bishops Wood Hospital is one of the largest providers of SACT and Palliative care across the BMI group, the ward has been accredited with MQEM, and has the support of MacMillan CNS in palliative care,symptom control and End of Life Care.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Evidence of relevant professional development, both clinically, managerially, preferably evidenced by certification RN with valid NMC Registration.
- Registered Nurse Level 1 / Diploma / BSc in Nursing Studies.
- Robust understanding of Clinical Governance requirements for the area.
- Up-to-date knowledge in area of practice.
- Awareness of NMC Code of Accountability.
- Extensive experience working in an acute hospital setting in a Senior Registered Nurse post or equivalent.
- Previous experience within a Clinical Lead role.
- Experience of customer care, including interacting with challenging customers and situations.
- Able to make judgements involving complex facts or situations which require the analysis, interpretation and comparison of a range of options.
- Ability to lead a nursing team, showing previous experience in leading a clinical team.
- Strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent organisation and multitasking skills required.
- Ability to motivate a team of clinical professionals.
- Mentorship and Preceptorship and Chemotherapy administration qualification essential.
- Palliative Care and Symptom control, End Of Life and Management experience required as this role covers SACT administration, and inpatient care.
Duties of this role include:
- To strategically plan the clinical services, responsible for day to day organisation and management of clinical departments.
- Providing clear direction and leadership to all clinical staff, whilst supporting the initiatives of the hospital.
- Taking responsibility to lead the department under the direction of the Director of Clinical Services.
- Responsible for the deployment, supervision and teaching of staff within the clinical area supporting the hospital management team in providing clinical leadership.
- The role is responsible for development, motivation and performance of all clinical staff, ensuring the achievement of CQC Standards as required for nursing services in an acute care hospital accepting planned and emergency surgical and medical admissions.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job