Job Title - Administrator Clinical Services - Private Healthcare Clinic
Salary - £23,500
Hours- 40 hours per week Monday to Friday. Normal hours of work 08:00-17:00 with 1 hour for lunch. Some unsociable hours required.
Location - Central London -City
Type of role - Permanent
Annual Leave: 22 days per annum plus Bank Holidays
Our client is a Private Healthcare Group operating in the London area within state of the art premises and due to expansion is seeking an enthusiastic Administrator to join the clinic team in a central London location.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
This role requires a high level of confidence and ability to instil confidence in others, you need to be a strong communicator with excellent attention to detail. Other skills include:
- Ability to provide efficiency within the role
- Professional attitude
- Ability to build good business relationships
- Pleasant/ approachable
- Well organised
- Excellent time keeping
- Ability to work well under pressure
Desirable skills and qualities:
- Self starter
- Motivated and focused
- Hard working
Main duties and responsibilities:
This is a dual role containing the usual receptionist activities with those more akin to a medical secretary. Provision of administrative and logistical support to clinicians, to ensure an efficient and professional service to patients and other medical practitioners.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Ensure the Procedure and Doctors room are fully stocked and equipment is on and ready to go before the Doctor starts work
- Meet and greet patients and visitors, routing of patients on arrival
- Answering and directing incoming phone calls
- Managing appointment booking and Doctors/practitioner diaries
- Dealing with telephone and online enquiries
- Ensure patient and insurance details are correct for invoicing purposes
- Collection of cash from individuals and escalation of account queries to the Finance Team
- Check and allocate Doctors billing correctly, liaising with Finance as required
- Manage the booking of onward referrals with relation to radiology
- Ensure the results of test / scans are received, shown to clinicians, filed and followed up as appropriate
- Develop and nurture relationships with third party providers, in particular radiological providers.
- Manage inbound correspondence and phone calls from patients, GP’s, Orthopaedic Surgeons, hospitals and any other referrers / service providers
- Manage outbound clinical correspondence
- All written and verbal communications to be conducted in an efficient, friendly and professional manner - remaining calm and polite under pressure
- Conducting weekly checks on medical stock usage, ensuring an auditable trail.
- Operate an efficient stock management and purchase order system
- To organise travel arrangements and hotel accommodation in the United Kingdom and overseas as required, for clinical staff
- Receive telephone calls from patients, hospital staff and GPs in an efficient, friendly manner with the ability to remain calm and polite under pressure, taking messages and/or redirecting as appropriate
- Deal with patient enquiries both on the telephone and in person
- Conduct Quarterly CQC Audits on consent forms and Letters
- Attend staff meetings and company events as required
- Update and manage the Radiology tracker
Any other duties which may be required and agreed with the Clinic.
If interested in this lovely varied role send us your CV with covering letter and we shall respond. All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
- Customer Service
- Private Healthcare
- Receptionist Duties
- medical administration