A chance to join a global full service law firm which offer a role at a competitive salary their Leeds office is close to Transport links
An excellent opportunity for a Clinical Risk Paralegal to join team to join a full-service law firm in Leeds. The culture of the company is approachable, open minded and inclusive. They hold an Investors in People award. This role presents an excellent opportunity for an ambitious Clinical Risk Paralegal who is commercially minded to join a progressive and highly specialised team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting on an interesting and high value caseload of pre-lit and litigated defendant clinical negligence claims on behalf of the NHS Resolution and NHS Trusts.
- This will involve a wide range of task based work, including instructing experts and counsel, liaising with witnesses, arranging conferences, drafting documents, undertaking research and dealing with disclosure issues.
- There will also be opportunities to attend conferences and hearings with counsel.
- Acting as first and primary point of contact for clients on a day to day basis.
- Adhering closely to client protocol and process, using our bespoke case management system.
- Making an appropriate contribution to non fee-earning activity e.g. knowledge sharing, training, client seminars, and business development
- Paralegals with substantial and in-depth defendant clinical negligence experience
- Paralegals with experience in defendant personal injury or claimant clinical negligence will also be considered
- Strong commercial understanding of the NHS and their business drivers, including knowledge of and ability to deliver against protocols and KPIs.
- Strong technical skill and an ability to understand and work through complex issues.
- A demonstrable ability to adopt a commercial perspective rather than an 'academic' approach to legal issues and to be highly client- focused.
- Ability to deal confidently and professionally with clients on day to day issues building up strong relationships.
- Personal Injury
- Clinical Risk
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job