BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Princess Margaret Hospital has a vacancy for a Clinical Pharmacist to join their team of staff in the Pharmacy department.
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Degree in Pharmacy MPharm, BSc or BPharm.
- Registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council as a pharmacist.
- Knowledge of General Pharmaceutical Council Codes of Professional Conduct, Ethics and Performance and their implications for practice.
- Knowledge of the Care Standards Act and Care and Quality Commission Requirements.
Duties of this role include:
- To provide pharmaceutical expertise and input into the care of the patients within a BMI hospital, supporting the pharmacy department to deliver an excellent medicine management service to all customers.
- To supervise the procurement, preparation, dispensing and distribution of medicines, whilst supervising junior staff members in the delivery of the medicine management service.
- To assume responsibility for clinical service as identified.
- Ensure compliance with all appropriate regulatory, professional and best practice frameworks.
- Be a proactive member of the Hospital’s multidisciplinary team.
- Commitment to ensuring quality services are delivered to both internal & external stakeholders through continuous improvement activities.
- Compliance with BMI Policies and Procedures relevant to this role, ensuring you are fully aware of your responsibilities within these policies.
- Demonstrate awareness of regulatory requirements, taking appropriate action to ensure these requirements are implemented and adhered to.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job