Clinical Nurse Specialist - Band 7
Intensive Support Community Team (IST)
£38,890 - £44,503 per annum
37.5 Hours per week, Permanent
The Cabin, Heath Lane Hospital, West Bromwich
Do you want to work with an innovative, forward thinking, and newly formed organisation? An exciting opportunity has arisen within the IST; A multi-disciplinary, community based learning disability service located in West Bromwich, serving the Wolverhampton, Sandwell, Walsall and Dudley areas of the Black Country Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust.
We are looking for: An enthusiastic and dedicated registered Learning Disability Nurse with significant clinical leadership experience in delivering a high quality, person centred service for adults with a learning disability, with the aim of achieving quality of life outcomes. Working in conjunction with the MDT you will provide a dynamic clinical leadership role to supervise members of the IST to design and deliver specialist interventions within the framework of an IST shared caseload.
The IST is part of a ‘Whole Pathway’ approach within the Specialist Learning Disability Services, requiring interface with a number of LD teams and services to promote shared formulation. This includes assessment and management of risks which place the individuals or others at risk of serious harm; or for whom the nature and degree of risk might otherwise lead to exclusion, placement breakdown, and admission to inpatient services.
As the post involves travelling across the 4 Black Country areas, having a full UK Driving licence and car is important. Key duties of the role include:
- Working intensively with individuals over 18 years of age, who have a diagnosed learning disability, additional complex physical and/or mental health needs, and present with behaviours that challenge.
- In partnership with IST Community Nurse Specialists, working alongside a Psychologist, Speech & language therapist, Occupational Therapist, Clinical Nurse Specialist, Assistant Practitioner, and Clinical Support Workers
- Completing and formulating functional behaviour assessments to develop PBS Planning
- Developing and intensively supporting the implementation of therapeutic cognitive, psychological and behavioural interventions
- Providing bespoke workshops and advice to the individual, their family members and others involved in their daily care
- Compassionate and committed to deliver a meaningful and safe service in line with NMC, CQC and NICE standards
To join our team you’ll need to have:
- Ability to lead, work flexibly, facilitate team working, and clinically supervise colleagues
- Great communication skills, with the ability to build excellent internal and external stakeholder relationships
- To be able to effectively manage changing and often conflicting priorities
- Ability to make complex clinical decisions, manage crisis, sometimes without direct supervision
- A passion for providing quality of life outcomes for the LD population
What we can offer:
- NHS Pension Scheme
- Annual Leave
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Staff Support
- Lease Car Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Long Service Awards
- Flexible Working & Parental Leave
- Statutory and Occupational Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Leave
- NHS Discounts and shopping vouchers
- Health & Wellbeing
- Annual appraisal
- Support with continuing professional development
- Research and innovative practice
- Partnership work with Unions
- Occupational Health Service
Please Note: Previous Applicants need not apply.
Please note, Dudley and Walsall Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust and Black Country Partnership NHS Foundation Trust have merged together as one organisation to create Black Country Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust from 1st April 2020. Our aim as one trust is to provide sustainable, high quality, accessible and responsive services. Combining resources, strategies and talented workforce enables us to deliver a wider variety of outstanding services that are based on best practice and are continually improving. We are really excited by this opportunity and hope that you are too, we look forward to you expressing an interest in working joining us.
For further details / informal visits contact:
Gary Worrall Team Manager Email address Telephone number Additional contact information
If you feel that you meet the requirements of the role and would like the opportunity to join a dynamic and professional Learning Disability team, we welcome your application.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Gary Worrall (Team Manager) or Charlie Heaton (Service Manager) on .
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'