A fantastic opportunity for a Clinical Negligence Paralegal to join a full service law firm in West Yorkshire
A fantastic opportunity for a Claimant Clinical Negligence Paralegal to join a leading full service law firm in their Ilkley office. The role involves working alongside one of the firm's Partners and Branch Manager at the clients Ilkley office on a full-time basis. The caseload is a mixed including a number of higher value and more complex claims such as brain injury matters, cases that tend to require accurate and frequent attention.
The successful candidate will have experience in Clinical Negligence and be able to hit the ground running with guidance and direction. They will pride themselves on their excellent client care and be adept at communicating clearly, but sensitively. They will have a strong eye for detail, be thorough and efficient and able to prioritise their workload and meet strict deadlines.
In return you will learn from working alongside a reputable and experienced lawyer, be a valued member of the team and be supported in developing professionally.
About the role
- Providing support to other fee earners, solicitors and partners.
- Dealing with matters at all stages, from taking the client's initial instructions through to archiving, under supervision and in accordance with office and accounts procedures.
- Liaising with clients and other parties on behalf of fee earners and dealing with enquiries as appropriate.
- Taking contemporaneous notes at conferences and some copy typing to fee earners' specification.
- Obtaining, preparing and reviewing file documentation.
- Billing files and obtaining monies due to the firm from clients, the Legal Aid Agency (if applicable) and other parties.
- Liaising with the Accounts department to produce cheques, pay disbursements etc.
- Literate and numerate.
- Ability to present and argue a case orally and in writing.
- Excellent written English to produce documents for the clients, court and other parties
- Ability to deal with technical details and to express solutions to complex legal problems in a concise and customer-friendly way
- Ability to work accurately in accordance with the requirements of each team.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines
- Ability to deal with enquiries in a customer-friendly and effective manner
- Good keyboard skills.
- Law Degree or GDL
- Legal Practice Course
- Clinical Negligence
- legal assistant
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job