Clinical Lead - Devon
Salary: £40,000 per annum
Hours: 40 hours consisting of on 2 x admin days and 2 x custody days
To lead and manage a team which provides holistic primary care within a police custody environment.
- Lead, manage and develop service excellence within the provision of healthcare to patients, ensuring a professional service is delivered in line with contractual and company standards, including security instructions
- Management, supervision and development of the clinical team.
- To develop and manage compliance of local operating procedures and policies, meeting legislative guidance and evidence based best practice
- To from working links with A&E, Community Mental Health teams, Drugs & Alcohol Outreach teams and other external health stakeholders.
- To work at all times within the bounds of confidentiality, adhering to data protection, information governance and maintaining Caldicott Guidelines
- To comply with health and safety legislation and local policies, providing healthy working conditions for individuals. Supporting staff who work in a range of secure environments in circumstances which may impact on a person’s physical and mental well-being
- Commitment to promoting and adherence of equal opportunities and diversity. Set and maintain standards of behavior which encourage fairness, respect, impartiality and consistency
- To ensure safeguarding and child protection procedures are followed, and information sharing with child protection teams and agencies meet safeguarding board, trust and local policies
- To perform the roles and responsibilities of the CQC Registered Manager
- To attend contract review meetings and report on performance against KPIs
- To manage the service delivery in line with the contractual service specification
- Line management of Health Care Professionals to include: sickness absence, investigation, local management and escalation
- To provide operational and clinical supervision for the team
- To conduct CV screening for new health care professional and if appropriate completion of either telephone or face to face interviews ensuring all elements of the recruitment process are adhered to
- To organize and complete pre and post induction shadowing for new starter. You may also be required to orgainise and run local inductions.
- Completion of probation reviews and monitoring of on-going development
- Completion of appraisals
- Escalation of clinical or operational concerns via appropriate escalation route
- Support effective communication between Central and Local teams
- Assistance, support and/or advice in resolving rota issues that may arise
- Assistance or advice in resolving issues surrounding late responses and data discrepancies
- Support good working relationships with clients and key stakeholders (internal and external) across the business.
- First point of contact for custody
- Local liaison between the customer and G4S ( also multi-disciplinary agencies )
- Establishing pathways, relationships and protocols for local clinical services
- Identify and develop clinical expertise within a team to work within the scope of NHS/client expectations
- Participate in reviewing and updating existing clinical company policies
- To attend governance and management meetings as required
- To ensure systems are in place to monitor the quality of service delivery
- Formulate and deliver performance improvement plans for clinical staff if required
- Accountable for local audit: infection control, health and safety and medicines management ( regular documentation audits )
- Accountable for achievement of mandatory training target
- To assist in the management of CIPI’s (clinical incidents positive intervention)
- To actively seek solutions and resolve local issues
- To understand overall finance strategy
- Take part in on call rota as required
- Accountability for weekly whereabouts and reporting of progress for tasks and projects
The Ideal Candidate:
- Part 1 NMC registration or Registered Paramedic.
- Experience of leading and working within a team
- Evidence of managerial experience
- Evidence of further development of own clinical practice
- Able to demonstrate a high level of literacy and numeracy
- Working within a secure or custody environment
- Degree level qualification or above
- Leading a project on innovation or change
- Leading on an area of training or development.
- Recruitment and selection of staff
- Driving Licence
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job