BMI Thornbury Hospital in Sheffield is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Clinical Lead to join their team of staff in the Critical Care department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Evidence of relevant professional development, both clinically, managerially, preferably evidenced by certification RN with valid NMC Registration.
- Experienced in acute nursing care
- Critical care or high dependency nursing experience
- Desirable - Critical care course.
- Registered Nurse Level 1 / Diploma / BSc in Nursing Studies.
- Experience working in an acute hospital setting in a Senior Registered Nurse post or equivalent.
- Experience of customer care, including interacting with challenging customers and situations.
- Able to make judgements involving complex facts or situations which require the analysis, interpretation and comparison of a range of options.
- Ability to lead a nursing team, showing previous experience in leading a clinical team.
- Ability to motivate a team of clinical professionals.
Duties of this role include:
- Working within a medium or small category hospital, the role is to clinically support the department to promote and ensure excellent patient care, taking responsibility to lead the department under the direction of the Director of Clinical Services.
- Responsible for the deployment, supervision and teaching of staff within the clinical area supporting the hospital management team in providing clinical leadership.
- Attend and participate in unit meetings.
- Provide technical/specialist assistance requiring a high degree of dexterity, precision, accuracy and prolonged concentration to patients and medical staff.
- Participate in mentorship of staff and students.
- Provide a supportive environment for junior staff.
- Assist in the provision of a unit environment conducive to learning
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job