If you are an experienced Psychologist looking for a rewarding career, where you can make a difference and changes lives for the better, then this role might be for you.
No two days will be the same as you will join not one but two services in Nottinghamshire as a Clinical/Forensic Psychologist. Leading individual and group interventions for women with mental health conditions at The Farndon Unit in Newark-on-Trent and men with personality disorder and/or mental health conditions at The Limes in Mansfield.As an experienced Psychologist, you will have experience and knowledge in carrying service users caseload, including assessing service users with complex needs, and designing and delivering specialist psychological treatment within mental health care services.
Reporting directly to the Hospital Director, you will act as the first point of contact for the psychology department, ensuring effective communication throughout both services. You will be responsible for diagnostic and cognitive assessments, MDT working, risk assessments, facilitate staff reflective practice sessions, and will be requested to design and deliver training.
You will enjoy support from a regional network of Psychologists and will be part of an environment where there is a strong emphasis on teamwork and CPD, where you will have continuous access to a range of training opportunities to move your career forward.
Role - Clinical/Forensic Psychologist
Location - Newark & Mansfield, Nottinghamshire
Salary - £38,746 - £45,000
Hours - 37.5, Full-Time
- Developing the evidence base for effective treatment of service users.
- Assessing service users using appropriate psychometric measures; interpreting and reporting results accurately under the coordination of the Head/Lead Psychologist.
- Contributing to the development of group work programmes under the coordination of the relevant project lead in accordance with the psychology department’s service delivery agreement
- Contributing to the evaluation of the effectiveness of the programmes and communicate results.
- Contributing to the development of evidence-based practices, strategies and policies as specified in the psychology department’s service delivery agreement
- Conducting research in line with the psychology department’s service delivery agreement and publish and presenting work to required standards under the co-ordination of the Lead Psychologist.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- BPS recognised psychology degrees
- HCPC Registration
- Understanding of evidence-based psychological practice
- Ability to apply psychological knowledge to a secure psychiatric setting
- Experience of providing psychological interventions
- Developing, facilitating and evaluating group and individual
- Previous experience in conducting research and project working
What you will get
- Competitive Annual salary
- The equivalent of 33 days annual leave – plus your birthday off!
- Wellbeing support and activities
- Career development and training
- Pension contribution
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Maternity Package
- Flexible working opportunities
There is also a range of other benefits including retail discounts and special offers, car leasing without a credit check, holiday financing, and much more.
Where you will be working
The Limes Location: The Limes, Main Street, Langwith, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, NG20 9HD
Join the team at The Limes and provide care for men with personality disorders and mental illness in a diverse service that promotes increased independence and community living.
Empower and support people to reach their own unique goals as you learn about implementing five core zones of Work and Education, Interventions, Social Networks, Health and Empowerment.
You’ll gain experience across different treatment pathways and benefit from joining a team that uses a unique model of care. The Limes is located in Mansfield and is easily accessible with good transport links to the wider Nottinghamshire area.
The Farndon Unit Location: The Farndon Unit, Farndon Road, Newark, Nottinghamshire, NG24 4SW
You will be working at the Farndon Unit, a purpose-built low secure hospital which offers personalised assessment and recovery-based treatment pathways, including a trauma-specific pathway, for women with complex care needs.
You will join the multidisciplinary team in providing specialist care for people with a diagnosis of severe and enduring mental illness and/or personality disorder and/or mild learning disability.
The combination of general low secure wards and a recovery ward area (also within the low secure perimeter) provide a seamless internal care pathway supporting and empowering recovery and rehabilitation.
Elysium Healthcare follows safer recruitment of staff for all appointments. It is a requirement that all staff understand it is each person’s individual responsibility and are committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of service users. Candidates will be subject to a DBS disclosure.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'