Are you a doctor in training looking for an exciting clinical fellowship opportunity?
HEE are seeking to appoint a Clinical Fellow to lead a review of medical trainee rotations; exploring in more detail the implications of current practices and the key implications of alternative approaches.
Postgraduate training programmes have developed to allow doctors to experience a range of learning environments conducive to the breadth of skills and competencies needed to deliver safe and high quality care.
This is currently achieved through regular rotation of placements often around April and August and involves significant numbers (in excess of 20,000).
Whilst each new attachment allows trainees to experience new opportunities and learning, there are also a number of issues associated with this, requiring more consideration.
Working across both HEE’s Education and Quality and Innovation and Transformation functions, you will be responsible for;
- Summarising the existing evidence base (including examples of where amendments have been made and how), sufficient to signal the scale and complexity of changing rotation dates and patterns across England and to set the context for a series of follow up focus group discussions.
- Convening a series of focus groups with key stakeholders representative of the clinical, educational, managerial, regulatory and patient perspectives, ensuring comprehensive oversight of the issues
- Exploring the greater use of digital technologies to overcome barriers to more frequent induction, supervision requirement etc
- Making improvement recommendations to the Steering Group
To be successful in this role, you will need to have;
- A clear understanding and experience of the range of issues concerned with existing rotations
- Strong engagement skills and experience of working with senior stakeholders
- Project management experience
- An understanding of workforce transformation, large scale change and the potential for new ways of working, including potential digital technologies/immersive solutions
This is a fixed term opportunity of 12 months for a postgraduate medical trainee, looking to work at a national level on a significant change programme. The role is an excellent opportunity to develop new skills, build relationships with a range of clinical, educational and policy leads and make a positive contribution to the improvement of both patient care and trainee satisfaction.
The number of sessions per week will be agreed with the successful candidate upon appointment to the role.
For further details / informal visits contact:
NameProfessor Bill IrishJob titleRegional Postgraduate DeanEmail addressBill.Irish@hee.nhs.ukAdditional contact information
Head of Workforce Transformation
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'