Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust (MFT) was formed on 1st October 2017 following the merger of Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Trust (CMFT) and University Hospital of South Manchester NHS Foundation Trust (UHSM) and is a major teaching Trust with 9 hospitals on several sites. The hospitals are Manchester Royal Infirmary (MRI), Manchester Royal Eye Hospital (MREH), St. Mary’s Hospital (SMH), and Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital (RMCH) all at the main Oxford Road Campus (central Manchester site), the University Dental Hospital, Community Services and Trafford General Hospital (TGH), Wythenshawe Hospital, Withington Community Hospital and Altrincham Hospital.
MFT is one of the UK’s largest employers, with a wide ranging portfolio of specialty work and a strong academic record. In partnership with The University of Manchester and other collaborators we are rapidly making Manchester the centre of cutting-edge research to improve healthcare worldwide. The Trust has Biomedical Research Centre status awarded by the National Institute of Health Research.
Applications are invited for a full time clinical fellow in anaesthesia to provide on-call cover at Manchester Royal Infirmary. Whilst your on-call shifts will be working across MRI, your day time shifts will be focused across MFT theatres, on an exciting array of specialties across MRI theatres, ETC theatres, Trafford Theatres, The Royal Eye Hospital theatres and St Mary's Gynecology theatres, thereby exposing you to a vast mix of specialties and case mixes. Previous clinical fellows have used the experience/competencies gained in this post to successfully support their CESR application through CESR/Article 14 application process and gain entry to GMC’s Specialist Register
The positions will be available from May 2019 for a period of 24 months with the opportunity for this to be extended. The successful candidate will join a large consultant-lead medical workforce with 98 Consultants and 57 doctors in training/Fellows across MRI, St Mary's, Royal Eye and Trafford Hospitals
Manchester International Training Fellowship Programme:
The Manchester International Training Fellowship Programme is designed to enable a small number of International Medical to enter the UK to experience training and development in the NHS for a period of time – before returning to their home country.
Eligibility criteria for the Manchester International Training Fellowship Programme
- Have a basic medical qualification acceptable to the GMC
- Have completed at least one year in an internship post
- Have been qualified as a doctor for at least three years
- Provide evidence of being engaged in medical practice for a minimum 3 years out of the last 5 years outside of the European Union, including the most recent 12 months
- Provide evidence of at least 3 years anaesthesia training outside of the UK and European Union
- Provide two structured, supportive references from supervising consultants, both must have worked with applicant within the last 5 years
- Provide evidence of good standing from the applicant’s local Medical Regulatory Council
- At time of MTI application, IMG must be living and working outside of the UK and European Union for the last 12 months minimum
- Have not previously failed any part of the PLAB Test;
- Demonstrate knowledge of English by obtaining an overall score of 7.5, with minimum scores of 7.0 in speaking, listening, reading and writing, in the 'Academic' test of the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). N.B IELTS certificates are valid for only two years
For further details / informal visits contact:
Dr. Anita Barnes
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'