BMI Chelsfield Park Hospital in Orpington, Kent is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
Our commitment is to quality and value, providing facilities for advanced surgical procedures together with friendly, professional care.
We have an opportunity for a Clinical Embryologist to join their team of staff in the Assisted Conception Unit.
We are a small, top performing Fertility Centre in the South East of England and as such we pride ourselves on treating our patients with the personal touch provided by a cohesive multi- disciplinary team.
We offer a comprehensive range of fertility treatments in a supportive and caring environment. The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to gain experience using time-lapse imagery, oocyte and embryo vitrification and be part of the BMI Healthcare Fertility group.
BMI Chelsfield Park Hospital is based in a beautiful location and is close to the motorway network.
This is a Full-time role for 37.5 hours a week –although part time or job share may be considered.
The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern. Primarily Monday to Friday with rota'd weekend work.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- BSc in Biological Sciences
- ACE Certificate/Diploma or STP qualification
- HCPC Registration (Desirable)
- ICSI (desirable)
- Good laboratory based skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of the HFEA Code of Practice
- Accurate record keeping
Duties of this role include:
- To carry out all laboratory-based aspects of fertility investigation and treatment in order to provide a comprehensive service to clients
- To participate in patient support and care in association with other members of the team
- To perform laboratory-based procedures to agreed protocols
- To perform media and equipment preparation for all investigations and treatment procedures
- To prepare media for sperm preparation, oocyte retrieval, insemination, embryo culture, PESA, TESA, sperm freezing, embryo cryopreservation and thawing, and embryo transfer
- To prepare sperm from either frozen donor samples or fresh ejaculates, for insemination for IUI, DI, IVF, or ICSI procedures
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
- free on site parking
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV.