'Lighthouse champion long-term employment opportunities to everyone who work alongside us’
Salary is up to 40k (dependent on experience)
Clinical Deputy Manager (Nurse) - Maidstone
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the team at our client in Maidstone as a Clinical Deputy Manager. The main responsibility of this role is to support the registered Home Manager and act as Manager in the absence of the Registered Manager. You will support with the overall management of care within the home, whilst also promoting and maintaining the highest quality of service for our residents through development of person centred care plans.
Key responsibilities of a Deputy Manager
- Administer and order medicines as required by the home in accordance with the homes’ policies and procedures.
- Assist the Manager to produce and maintain systems and procedures for auditing and assuring quality of care provided by the home
- Work within the NMC codes of conduct and scope of practice and within the homes’ policies and procedures.
- Provide support and professional supervision to care staff and nursing staff as appropriate.
- Ensure effective communication with relatives and other healthcare professionals.
- Ensure confidentiality regarding all aspects of care and management of the home is maintained.
- Assessing and responding to clinical risk, and having a good understanding of the regulatory framework.
Skills and experience
- Understand care planning processes and have experience of writing care plans.
- Experience of working with residents with various health needs.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Ability to lead, coach and develop staff.
- A proven ability to work as part of a team.
- Self-motivated and flexible.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to contribute to, monitor and implement changes that improvement service delivery and outcomes for residents.
Level 5 QCF is desirable but not essential as training can be provided.
Registered Nurse with Valid Pin
Full Time position to include weekend and occasional night shifts as required. Some supernumerary hours included.
Our Client Group provides care and support appropriate to the needs of each individual, in a friendly, warm and supportive atmosphere. They are a provider of care homes and homecare, exclusively in East Anglia, offering a uniquely different choice for the elderly.
All applicants will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check.
The Client is an equal opportunities employer and regulated by CQC and are one of the top 20 Group Providers of care in the UK
- Registered Nurses
- Team Leader
- Quality Patient Care
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job