We are currently recruiting a Clinical / Counselling Psychologist to join our team at Cygnet Hospital Beckton in East London.
Cygnet Hospital Beckton is a CQC rated 'Good' service. It is a smoke free gender specific hospital for women with complex mental health needs. We accept emergency and planned, pre-assessed admissions. We provide a multi-disciplinary approach, to help service users return home as quickly as possible.
Our aim is to support individual service user recovery and integration back into the community, as quickly as possible. We have a multi-disciplinary team of specialists and offer a very broad range of therapies.
The post-holder will have a key role in providing specialist psychological assessments, interpretation from psychological tests, semi-structured interviews, individual and group therapy (including DBT) to a range of clients at the service. In addition to leading the DBT service, you will also consider potential risks and social needs of the client group, relevant to their diagnosis.
You will provide a high quality psychology service to a range of clients on New Dawn Ward -an 18 bed specialist Tier 4 Personality Disorder service. Women can be admitted to New Dawn if they have a diagnosis of personality disorder, exhibit self-harming behaviour and are able to accept the need for help. They can be either informal or detained under the Mental Health Act.
This role will be working as part of an interdisciplinary team comprising of; a Consultant Psychiatrist, Occupational Therapists, Nurses and Health Care Support Workers. You will be expected to offer psychological insight and knowledge around the clinical area and provide consultation about the psychological care of the client group to staff, families and other agencies.
As a Principal Psychologist, you will have a pivotal role in the training and clinical supervision of Assistant Psychologists, Volunteers and Psychology Trainees/Students on site. Providing specialist training on DBT to other professionals in the hospital and regularly attend team multi-disciplinary / psychology department meetings are also key duties. You will also have involvement in audit, policy, service development along with the assessment and interpretation of outcomes.
You will have…
• A Doctorate Level Qualification (or equivalent) in Clinical or Counselling Psychology along with HCPC Registration
• Experience with Personality Disorders and complex mental health problems (Tier 4)
• Experience and knowledge of psychological assessments (in particular personality assessment and cognitive assessment)
• Trained / experience in trauma therapy
• Experience of delivering DBT (Dialectical Behavioural Therapy) therapy and a range of other treatment models
• A commitment to keeping to up to date with relevant psychological research and national guidance particularly in relation to DBT provision. This includes developing and ensuring links with relevant agencies such as the Society of Dialectic Behavioural Therapy
• The ability to work effectively as part of an interdisciplinary team
• Training and supervision experience
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
• Salary: in the region of £50,000 (Depending on Experience)
• Company pension scheme
• NHS and employee discount scheme
• Free meals
• Internal / external CPD and research opportunities
• Expert clinical supervision from the Head of Psychology and peer support
• Opportunities to train in additional therapies, broaden experience and enhance service development
Contracted hours: 37.5, Monday to Friday.
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Cygnet Health Care have been providing a national network of high quality specialist services for over 30 years.
If you care about making a difference – we want to talk to you!
Click the link to apply.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'