Clinical Coder - Home Based
Competitive Salary & Benefits
CHKS are expanding their coding service and we have a number of roles for clinical coding consultants to join their large and professional team. Candidates must be an ACC - Accredited Clinical Coder - to be fully considered for this position.
Our clinical coders are home based, so you can live anywhere in England or Wales. They deliver remote clinical coding services and onsite clinical coding to both NHS and private healthcare providers. Ideal applicants will undertake a clinical coding service on behalf of CHKS. You will:
- Undertake clinical coding services on behalf of CHKS Coding and Financial Assurance for NHS and private healthcare providers.
- Undertake remote coding from home using a CHKS laptop.
- Visit client hospital sites to undertake clinical coding.
- Clinically code the patient records from the medical record provided adhering to the clinical coding conventions and standards, as defined by the World Health Organisation (WHO) and NHS Digital
- Build effective working relations with our clients.
- When on site, provide feedback on any coding queries or issues around clinical coding to the hospital lead or other nominated person.
- Liaise with CHKS clinical coding professional leads for any coding queries.
- Ensure completion of coding; maintain timeliness, accuracy and consistency of clinical coding when remote coding or on a client site.
- Follow locally defined variations to coding rules where defined in each of the organisations clinical coding policy.
- Be organised and prioritise workload as appropriate to meet the agreed weekly/monthly clinical coding deadlines as set by the client manager, ensuring the number of episodes are completed as outlined in individual contracts, without comprising data quality.
- Act as an ambassador for CHKS by providing a professional coding service.
- Promote CHKS as an expert and professional coding, audit and consultancy services provider and recognise potential opportunities to obtain further work with clients
There will be travel in your geographical area to code at local hospitals.
Competitive salary offered dependant on experience.
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job