Clinical Case Handler
Job Title: Clinical Case Handler
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Location: Christchurch, Dorset
Hours: 37.5 hours on a 4 day week rota'd basis.
Are you looking for a new challenge to utilise your critical care skills? Do you work in a similar role or are you looking for a career change and feel you can make a difference to international clients? If so we'd like to hear from you.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE:
This is an exciting opportunity for a Registered Nurse or Paramedic to transition from a hands-on clinical or similar role, into a dynamic corporate environment, offering medical support to an international client base.
You will be based at a vibrant, modern & secure office; working closely with other clinical, security, analytical and logistical professionals.
Reporting to the Head of International Assistance the Clinical Case Handler is responsible for ensuring that those who are injured/ill while on travel receive the correct medical attention by assessing, planning, coordinating, implementing and evaluating each individual case.
- Communicate with worldwide medical professionals or obtain medical reports for patients treated or hospitalised
- Organise referrals and/or admission of patients to doctors and medical facilities
- Effectively manage all aspects of the medical case lifecycle, including case notification, verification, authorisation, task reassignment/case handover and case closure while delivering superior customer service
- Capture all relevant information accurately, to ensure the case can be managed effectively, to the highest standards, from start to finish
- Review medical records to assess the case management of complex medical conditions
- Ensure compliance in relation to the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) regulations and Data Protection requirements to ensure confidentiality of affairs
- Communicate and collaborate with none medical members of the team
- Escalate to the senior medical manager any major medical cases, disputes or complaints
- React accordingly to the customers situation and their needs to deliver superior medical service, this may include using empathy, handling crisis or grief, liaising relatives and providers, taking ownership and responsibility of situations and problems
- Review and develop existing medical process and procedures in line with client requirements
- Participate in On-call duties as required
- Provide ad-hoc up-skill training to non-medical personnel (IOR)
- Create and review verbal and written medical reports
SKILLS / EXPERTISE:
- Registered General Nurse (must be currently registered with the NMC - Nursing and Midwifery Council) Or Paramedic, HCPC registered
- Minimum of three years recent clinical experience. Band 6 or 7 equivalent preferred, with considerations given to band 5 applicants with relevant levels of experience & skills
- Previous Critical Care or Emergency medicine background is preferred
- Broad Medical and Surgical Knowledge with strong acute care background, primary care, travel health & well-being or military
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience in acute care
- Excellent written and oral English language
- Good IT skills - Excellent Microsoft office knowledge and an aptitude to learn new systems.
- Other languages would be advantageous
- Competitive basic salary offered per annum based on experience
- 25 days holiday per year, plus 8 days bank holiday allowance
- Monthly 121's with annual performance appraisals
- Completive professional development programme and dedicated revalidation support
- Regular coaching to further support and develop your skills
- Support through external learning & training
- Reward Scheme
- Company Pension
- Death in service
- Quarterly staff events with a summer party for you and your family and a staff Christmas Party
It is important that you include a covering letter with your CV, detailing why you feel you are suitable for this position and highlighting all relevant experience.
By applying for the role, you agree that Fresh Recruits may contact you under GDPR Article 6(1)(b) in connection with your application by email and/or telephone and you consent to receiving information by email and/or telephone in relation to Fresh Recruits providing you with work finding services, you may withdraw your consent at any time.
If you do not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has not been taken forward on this occasion. We may contact you in the future about other suitable positions.
Our Data Protection, Privacy Notice and Full Equal Opportunities policies can be viewed here: https://privacy-policy/
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'