Spa Medica is a leading provider of NHS eye patient services, specialising in cataracts surgery. We are looking for a Clinical Advisor with a passion for Ophthalmology to join our Head Office in Bolton.
As a Clinical Advisor at Spa Medica, you will work in a busy, fast paced environment providing excellent clinical care and guidance to our patients and staff. You will work alongside the Call Centre and Clincial team to provide pre and post operative advice & guidance. You will also hold a valid registered nurse qualificaton
Duties will include
- Adhere to the principles of clinical governance
- To ensure patient confidentiality at all times in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
- Deal with all incoming clinical queries from patients including pre and post-operative care
- Provide advice and guidance to patients
- Have the knowledge of all procedures offered by Spamedica and Freedom Vision
- Administer drugs in accordance to the NMC guidelines for the safe and secure handling of medicines.
- Provide support and mentorship to colleagues and new staff.
- Comply with all in house and statutory Health and Safety procedures
- Adhere to all policies and procedures.
- Take part in the hospital on call rota.
- Maintain efficient channels of communication between administration, clinical team, consultants and Senior Management team.
- Registered nurse qualification
- Ophthalmic experience
- Minimum of one year’s post registration experience in a clinical/hospital setting
- Ability to manage own workload.
- Ability to learn new ICT systems
- Be able to modify and adapt methods of communication to account for the differing needs of patients and callers.
- Effective team worker
- Motivated and enthusiastic
- Ability to adapt in a rapidly changing environment
- Professional personal presentation
- Confident and polite telephone manner
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft office, outlook, excel, word and power point
The hours of work are:
37.5 hours per week although part time would be considered.
- 25 days annual leave increasing by 1 for every years service completed
- Town centre location with excellent public transport links
- Statutory pension provision
This is an excellent opportunity to join a great team within this organisation. If this sounds appealing to you and you have the relevant experience, please apply now to be considered.
- Customer Service