We're supporting our clients as they adapt to the unprecedented circumstances brought about by COVID-19. As a result, we're currently only recruiting for essential roles during this time. All interviews, assessments and background checks will take place online, to completely remove the need for face-to-face contact.
It's important to note that most of our sites are now closed and employees are working remotely where they can. Where offices are required to stay open, we are following government guidelines on personal hygiene standards, daily cleaning of employee work areas, maintaining safe distances and limiting the number of people in the office at one time.
We also have clear policies on business travel and continuity.
The welfare of our people is of paramount importance to us, and we're doing everything we can to keep our employees and customers safe during this time.
Becoming a Clinical Administrator with Capita RPP
Recruiting Group runs Assessment Centres (AC) for Regular and Reserve Officer and Soldier candidates, which must be passed before applicants are offered a Basic Training place. The role of the Health Technician (HT) is to carry out medical screening tests including: audiometry, Electrocardiograph (ECG) recording, eye testing including colour perception assessment, peak flow and spirometry (lung function testing), height and weight measurement, calculation of body mass index and urine testing. All of these would be carried out in line with accepted policies and procedures. These tests form part of the medical assessment to establish suitability to enlist into the British Army.
The role requires an individual who is able to work autonomously and also as a key team member. They will also need a calm, efficient and professional disposition. Working as part of an assessment team, the role holders will be responsible for providing a warm, positive, and knowledgeable service to candidates to aid in delivering a high quality candidate journey. The applicant must fully understand the importance of accuracy to ensure that we recruit only individuals that are fit for enlistment.
What you'll be doing:
- To ensure that medical tests are carried out accurately in line with Capita RPP / MOD policy
- Fully understand fitness for testing and where testing should be withheld
- Punctuality and consistency meeting appointment timeframes
- Complete all Capita mandatory training on time
- Undertake any clinical training required for the role
- Conduct medical screening tests where required, including: measuring height, weight, body mass index, lung function, urine testing, audiometry, eyesight and colour perception assessment and ECG .
- Ensure all results are documented in an appropriate format including accurate data entry onto the various operating systems
- Safe disposal of clinical waste
- Act as chaperone when required
- Assist in dealing safely and effectively with difficult or distressed candidates
- Ensure all medical documentation is correctly prepared before each candidate intake. When required request candidate's medical documentation from other ACs or the National Recruitment Centre (NRC) as necessary
- Heightened awareness of the requirement for medical in confidence and data protection
- Ability to comply with up to date legislation
What we're looking for:
- Health care experience is not essential for this role
- High level of administration skills with the ability to prioritise their workload and has a good eye for detail
- Excellent inter personal and communication skills
- Calm professional disposition
- The ability to communicate clearly either verbally or in writing on all levels ie senior staff to vulnerable junior candidates
- Confident degree of administrative skills, experience in IT and knowledge of Microsoft Office are essential
- Familiarity with Army Careers would be beneficial but is not essential
Capita Recruiting Partnering Project (RPP), part of Capita plc, has been working with the Ministry of Defence (MOD) since 2012 to transform the British Army's recruitment service. Our exceptional team are looking at the entire recruiting and selection process for both the Regular Army and the Reserves. By joining us, you'll be helping realise our mission to make joining the Army a less daunting and more efficient, transparent experience for those wanting to become a member of the Armed Forces.
What's in it for you?
At Capita, we believe an open, transparent working environment that encourages ingenuity and collaboration - with colleagues, customers and clients - is what makes us so effective at what we do.
As well as a generous basic salary, we also give you 23 day's holiday, a discretionary annual bonus, company matched pension scheme and access to a variety of voluntary benefit options. These include a share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle, such as retail, health & wellbeing and leisure discounts.
You'll be joining a network of some of the most experienced, innovative and dedicated people in the country - the opportunities to learn new skills, develop in your career and grow and as we grow are almost endless. Our mission is to help you realise your potential - whatever that means to you.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now or contact for support
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'