Ashberry Recruitment are recruiting for a Client Support Advisor for our well respected client based in Darwen.
Role Specific Responsibilities
- To manage and administer a portfolio of clients
- Maintain and develop our computerised customer and prospect database OrganiseIT
- Obtain renewal terms from insurers and provide key details of premiums and members to the insurance adviser for a large portfolio of company clients
- Inform insurers of any changes within the companies membership lists
- Check all documentation received from insurers for clients, ensuring all details are correct and then distributing to each client through the postal service
- Liaising with insurers when any documentation that is received is incorrect and ensuring that any mistakes are rectified within a short timescale
- Ensure correct invoices are issued to the client by the insurer and follow through to payment
- Completing renewal reviews and reports for the adviser to take to client
- Submit business on our database and ensuring all renewal details are sent to the insurer
- High number of calls and emails are received so need to maintain full records of all calls and emails from and to clients and insurers and updating database with a trail
- Being an active team member supporting all members of the team with day to day tasks
- Ensuring that all information received is treated properly by complying with the Data Protection Act
- Develop and maintain valuable relationships
- Assist in maintaining good working relationships with insurance companies
- Adherence to, and complete awareness of the guidelines of the company staff handbook
- Maintain own self-development and where possible, attend staff training arranged by the sales / administration team
- Any other duties as requested from time to time by the management team and/or Directors
- Ideally, possessing a good educational background with basic IT literacy and navigational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Organisational and self-management skills
- Professional telephone manner
- Excellent product knowledge
- Flexible attitude, good team player with a sense of humour and a highly developed sense of personal initiative
- To work as part of a team to achieve the departmental standards.
- To work together with other departments and divisions within the organisation to identify any process improvements and improve standards, efficiency and profitability.
- To ensure that a good level of understanding and knowledge of the organisations products and systems. Ensure that customer queries can be dealt with accurately and appropriately and supported by the department.
- To take responsibility for their own personal development, in line with the agreed annual performance objectives.
- Such other duties as the management may from time to time reasonably require.
Awareness of the rules and regulations and practice requirements of all regulatory procedures including the Financial Conduct Authority, Data Protection Act, Money Laundering, Telephone; Email, Mailing and Facsimile Preference Services, and any other regulatory practices introduced or superseding the aforementioned authorities.
Knowledge, Experience and Qualifications
- Experience in Insurance industry desirable
- A working knowledge of how to operate Word, Excel and Email
- Well developed communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent customer focus
- Good time management
- Clear telephone manner and clear listening skills
- Team player
- Flexible approach
- Demonstrates drive and positive approach to work and a determination and motivation to achieve targets
The foregoing is not an exhaustive job description, it does, however, highlight what will be your principal responsibilities.
- Customer Service