We are working with a leading high profile employer in the Retail and Leisure sector, seeking to recruit a Building Surveyor to join their in house team based at a landmark developments near Manchester, with the aim of overseeing a wide range of projects and surveying needs across the operation.
Working as part of a larger National team, you will lead and consult on all projects, with duties including:
- Ensuring that projects are delivered within the agreed time scales, costs and quality
- Determining requirements and preparing scheme designs with costings
- Specification of works
- Determining the condition of existing buildings and identifying and analyzing defects
- Managing project teams, comprising Architects, Engineers, Designers, Contractors etc
- Contract management and administration through the entire project
- Liaison with all stakeholders, ensuring they are consulted and concerns addressed
- Co-ordinating and monitoring Design teams, other consultants and contractors
- Dealing with planning applications and advising on property legislation, building regulations and DDA
- Being responsible and reactive to project emergencies
You must be an experienced Building Surveyor and experience gained within the retail / leisure sector would be a distinct advantage.
The ideal candidate will be suitably professionally qualified and either be already working client side and seeking a move, or working for a consultancy and looking to move into a high profile client side role.
The role will be based in the North West but with occasional travel to Head Office in Central London, and also to other major sites in the rest of the UK.
- Building Surveying
- Project Management
- Client Requirements
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job