- Respond to client requests for new project initiatives. The Account Manager collaborates with various members of the production team to assess the scope of work and produce cost estimates for web and software localization as well as traditional translation projects. The Account Manager assesses the competitive landscape, develops project proposal and negotiates budget and schedule with the client.
- Initiate all project related work by providing detailed budget, schedule and instructions to the project team and by anticipating pitfalls or potential roadblocks to successful completion. The Account Manager is responsible for ensuring that any pitfalls are addressed and resolved by the project team.
- Support the new business efforts by attending sales meetings, participating in sales calls, preparing RFPs and cost estimates and entertaining clients.
- Take a proactive role in learning about clients’ industry, business needs and company culture, educating the project team, identifying new business opportunities and providing a high level of service.
- Monitor and communicate project progress, ensure strict adherence to deadlines and budgets and ultimately produce high quality deliverables.
- Serve as the central point of contact for and liaison between external clients and internal production staff.
- Set and fulfill client expectations.
Essential skills and experience required:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree from a 3-year college or university.
- Superior written and spoken communication skills in English.
- Ability to calculate discounts, interest, commissions, proportional percentages. Ability to apply these concepts to develop practical solutions.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook); MS Project desirable but not required.
- Candidates for Senior positions must have a familiarity with web technologies, desktop publishing software, database and network environments, translation memory tools, etc.
- Willingness to travel to offsite client or sales meetings
- The ideal candidate will demonstrate an ability to: multitask in a fast-paced environment, work well with people from a variety of different backgrounds and cultures, build relationships with clients and co-workers, work independently and as part of a team, take active measures to solve problems and commit to a high level of service.
- Account Manager
- Customer Service
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job