First Data is a global leader in commerce-enabling technology solutions, serving more than six million business locations and 4,000 financial institutions in 118 countries around the world. Our 23,000 owner-associates are dedicated to helping companies, from start-ups to the world’s largest corporations, conduct commerce every day by securing and processing more than 2,300 transactions per second and $1.9 trillion per year. First Data is committed to staying at the forefront of our industry, and we are innovating a wide range of next-generation commerce technology solutions to help our clients better detect fraud, gain insights into consumer spending patterns and build customer loyalty. There are many exciting opportunities for talented individuals who would like to join our team and play a meaningful role in helping us shape the future of global commerce.
First Data’s Shared Services organization, which includes the Human Resources, Finance, Legal, Marketing, Communications, Finance, Strategy, Compliance, Legal, Security, Sourcing, and Properties functions, supports our mission to drive our clients’ success with industry-leading solutions, consultative advice and service. The Shared Services teams align with our customer-facing teams in a model that drives consistency, yet also provides the flexibility needed to meet unit-specific goals. Our Shared Services employees bring the domain expertise that helps First Data retain and grow our base of owner-associates, drive profitable growth, navigate complex channel partnerships, and build First Data’s brand equity.
Position Description Overview
The Client Service Team is responsible for providing a high standard of service to existing UK GBS (FDMS) merchants. The Team is responsible for a number of key initiatives relating to Activations, Retention, Portfolio Management and Campaigns. Team members work to high standards; with a clear focus on helping our merchants; and demonstrating a true ‘One First Data’ approach when dealing with other Teams and individuals.
- Work the queue, faxes, incoming mail and emails daily, contacting the clients directly with resolution. Research, resolve or escalate client tasks and inquiries. Manage day-to-day customer service concerns as primary point of contact for clients and internal operational escalations. Review daily reports from various internal systems for trends requiring escalation. Work in partnership with internal colleagues to ensure new clients have been setup in accordance with contract and client expectations. Define and/or resolve complex customer problems. Update internal systems and adhere to established polices and procedures.
Scope of Job
• Helping merchants get their accounts activated as quickly as possible so that they can benefit from the solutions they have chosen, ensuring they have all the help and support required to benefit as expected • Help merchants or who are in distress or unhappy through a range of options including issue ownership and resolution; service improvements; and pricing reviews • Support campaigns as required including for example initiatives to reduce delinquency; issues with BAC’s and Direct Debits; campaigns to specific clients etc. • Providing a personalised service to a portfolio of clients including help with product solutions, pricing, issues, queries re Billing, Chargebacks, refunds, PCI etc. • Regularly working with and supporting Owner associates in other Teams and parts of First Data
Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision using contractual agreements and company policies and procedures as guidelines. Must be able to determine root cause and resolution of issues in a timely manner.
- Job Requirements • Excellent communication skills – e.g. oral and written • Strong planning and organisation • Client focussed – a customer champion • Able to work on your own initiative and as part of a Team with minimal supervision • Able to understand complex process and procedures • A can-do attitude with a flexible approach, able to multi-task and manage changing priorities • A customer service background in a sales organisation is advantageous
- Working with Microsoft Office
- Customer Service Management
- Relationship Management
- General Computer Competencies
- Cust Sppt Polics,Stnd & Procs
- Customer Interaction
- Problem Mgmt Process
- Knowledge of CSppt Function
- Knowledge of Product Line
First Data is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"