Alfa Energy Group is a London-based international energy consulting company with over 20 years of experience and offices in Frankfurt, Chicago, and Sarajevo. We are looking for industry sales professionals to join our team. The work atmosphere is friendly and supportive. The sales management team has proven track record in winning new clients and development of people. The business is driven, fun, inspiring, with focus on helping individuals reach new level in their sales career.
The role is hybrid between business development and client relationship management. Your primary objective will be to land new clients and, once they become clients under your management, maximise cross and upsell opportunities.
- To self-generate a book of new business in the midmarket sector to help deliver the team’s sales plan and annual gross margin targets via procurement and other services
- To generate your own leads through cold calling, networking, prospecting and developing strategic referral relationships
- Sales forecasting, growth plans and weekly/monthly management information
- Support the Sales management team and other territories teams’ with finding and winning new opportunities through either proposal writing, client meetings, and/or presentations
- Assist with other opportunities and energy projects when appropriate to do so
Key Skills and Experience
- A minimum of three years working in the UK energy industry - essential
- A minimum of one year in a business development capacity - essential
- Excellent presentation skills - essential
- Strong proposal writing skills - essential
- An in-depth understanding of flexible purchasing/risk management strategies - highly desirable
- International energy procurement experience - desirable
- Fluent in at least one other language other than English - desirable
- Person of integrity
- Problem solver
- Attentive to detail
- Independent decision maker
- Client focused
- Ethical and looking for growth
This role requires a professional and enthusiastic approach to succeed in a demanding, yet rewarding position. Candidates need to be business-driven, have excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong commercial awareness and to be highly numerate and computer literate. It requires someone who has a high work ethic, ambition to succeed and a desire to drive in new opportunities via your own execution.
- Competitive salary with unique commission structure allowing annual salary growth.
- Performance bonus linked to individual KPIs.
- Company pension scheme and childcare vouchers.
- Critical illness cover.
- Ongoing training. We provide weekly training sessions covering a variety of topics such as weekly commodities overview, sales, industry legislation, etc.
- Regular appraisals and career progression. We have numerous examples of people who have been promoted into managerial roles.
- Additional time off; our office is always closed between Christmas and New Year.
- Duvet day. This day would not be deducted from your annual holiday allowance but rather be an extra day. You choose when you want to take it!
- Travelling abroad to visit our overseas offices in Frankfurt and Sarajevo.
- Two hours earlier finish on the day of your birthday (or alternative day if it falls on a weekend).
- Excellent location. Our office is a few minutes walking distance from Ealing Broadway underground and train station, with an abundance of shops and restaurants nearby.
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV and a covering letter explaining of why you would like to work for Alfa Energy.
- Account Management
- Business Development
- Business Sales
- Energy Industry
- Utility Industry