Client Portfolio Manager - Agriculture and Property
This role, for a growing provincial firm, will be predominantly Kettering-based, and is a new position as a result of the continued growth of the Agriculture and Property team, which in itself is due to the high quality and specialist nature of the business and tax planning advice that is provided to clients.
The right individual will drive the delivery of accounting and tax planning solutions to clients, through the establishment of effective working relationships both with clients and members of the team.
Managers in the Agricultural and Property team need to have the technical knowledge and experience in order to be able to advise land-based industries, particularly in the areas of Inheritance Tax, Capital Gains Tax and VAT.
What is key is having the charisma to build relationships, manage projects and grow others in the team.
- To provide exceptional levels of service to clients on a wide variety of areas, on a cost effective & timely basis.
- Responding to client queries, and those from third parties (e.g. HMRC) in a timely manner.
- Seeking to gain experience/ progress role and those of other staff by seeking to take more advanced work from partners and delegating more routine work to others, thereby aiding cost-effectiveness and adding to interest/ training of all within the team.
- Developing knowledge of clients and their businesses so as to become their point of contact on day-to-day matters.
- Reviewing accounts and tax returns prepared by more junior staff. Includes corporate and unincorporated clients.
- Assisting with the management of the Agriculture and Property Department to meet departmental objectives through planning. This includes completing staff appraisals, monitoring and effective delegation, utilising the skills and knowledge within the existing team and sourcing additional knowledge.
- Seeking to identify business and tax planning opportunities, VAT issues, NIC issues, business planning points, etc as part of the review process. Drawing to attention of partners/ client as appropriate. Preparation of necessary reports/ computations etc, liaising with other professional advisers as required.
- Assisting partners with specific assignments- e.g. business planning, advisory and tax matters.
- Assisting partners in controlling WIP within the section by progressing work to completion/ billing point swiftly. Liaising with partners re WIP and raising bills/ assisting as required.
- Monitoring progress against deadlines and ensuring these are met- e.g. company reporting, P11d’s, tax returns, etc
- Ensuring work is planned and progressed in an efficient, timely and cost effective manner by liaising with Partners and supervising staff.
- Appraising staff.
Comprehensive benefits and a flexible approach are always offered by this firm.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
- Business Planning
- Client Meetings
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job