The ideal candidate will require a good mix of both Accounting and Tax knowledge coupled with general practical experience, ideally from within a small Accountancy firm. They will be customer focused and appreciate the importance of building and developing a strong relationship with contractors. Tax plays a major part in this role; accordingly candidates should demonstrate a strong ability in VAT, PAYE, SA Tax and Corporation Tax for small businesses and the individuals associated with them.
You will work alongside other Client Managers in a high performing team, reporting in to the Board. This role will have responsibility for all client matters as well as an accountability to develop new business. You will therefore need to demonstrate a high level of commercial awareness and the proven ability to develop the portfolio you are responsible for.
Key requirements for this role:
- Ideally newly qualified ACCA or ICAEW, with AAT as a minimum qualification.
- 2+ years of technical and practical experience gained within a firm of Accountants - essential
- Thorough working knowledge of small company accounts, VAT, PAYE, Corp Tax and personal Self-Assessment taxation.
- Responsible for the supervision and training of other professional staff and be capable of controlling the delegation of tasks
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Highly professional and commercial skills are essential to ensure clients receive the excellent level of service expected
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
On offer to the successful candidate is working within a positive work environment, with a strong focus on delivering a great client service, using bespoke and modern technology. They have a high performance culture and strong candidates will develop quickly and be rewarded on their merit.
Sheridan Maine Recruitment is managing the recruitment for this position.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job