The Firm -
A local independent firm of Accountants offering a broad range of accounting and business advisory services to a variety of client industries. They pride themselves on working closely with their clients to provide the best customer service possible, and to help their clients achieve their goals.
The Role -
- Plan the workload for the accounts team using the team planner.
- Liaising with the Office Manager regarding workflow and deadlines for jobs and billing clients.
- Contact clients to agree timescales for receiving the information to complete accounts and tax returns.
- Review records as they come into the office for completeness prior to starting or assigning the work.
- Agreeing fees with clients in advance of commencing work for clients not on an FPA (Fixed Price Agreement)
- Preparing larger jobs from SAGE and/or manual records and posting to IRIS, right through to business tax computations.
- Review the bookkeeping, management accounts, annual accounts and tax returns to make sure they are as accurate as possible based upon the information provided by the client, including all notes.
- Prepare the accounts report to be sent to the client upon completion of a job.
- Complete job control sheets and clear down the WIP for the job prior to obtaining approval.
- Provide the admin team with all the necessary information to enable them to prepare the letters etc that need to be sent to clients with their accounts.
- Review letters and information prior to sending to clients to ensure sending the correct and consistent message.
- Be the main point of contact for clients within the portfolio.
- Preparing the IRIS accounting records for new clients using opening trial balances, tax computations and other salient information received from previous accountants.
- Preparation of personal tax computations and self-assessment tax returns.
- Preparation of statutory accounts using the IRIS system
- Ensuring all disclosures are correctly included in the statutory accounts prepared.
- Preparation of management accounts and liaising with clients.
- Ensure that we are providing all clients with the best possible service and meeting their expectations always.
- Deal with HMRC enquiries
- Provide necessary support and training to all other team members as required to help them to develop their skills.
- Keeping up to date with relevant legislation and accounting standards
- Systems development and documentation and review of existing system on a regular basis
- Supervising the preparation of Management Accounts
- Tailoring the Management Accounts templates to meet individual client needs
- Preparation of budgets and forecasts on behalf of clients
- Preparation of Tax Credit claims and dealing with HMRC queries on behalf of clients
- Attending and running client Board view meetings
- Generating new business
- Promoting the Added Value Services to existing and new clients
- Training and mentoring
The Person -
The ideal candidate will preferably be ACA / ACCA Qualified with previous practice experience.
You will need to have strong communication skills and be able to deal with clients in a professional manner.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job