AJ Chambers are representing a fast-growing 5 partner practice who are offering an opportunity to a Client facing Senior Accountant or Client Manager to join the firm’s Statutory accounts department and manage a portfolio of high-value/ technically complex clients.
London is a hotbed for entrepreneurs and new ideas, and this department gets its share of the market, attracting almost 150 new clients in the last year. More recently the department has attracted clients with increasingly complex needs. A large part of this role will be advisory focused and will allow for you to build a strong relationship with your clients.
In the role, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Take a lead role in advising high-value/ technically complex clients on both strategic and day to day requirements.
- Develop communication skills, both internally and with decision makers at clients.
- Research and advise on technical issues (internally and externally).
- Build knowledge of tax planning opportunities that exist for SMEs and their owners.
- Develop team management skills
- The responsibilities of the individual in this position include:
o Oversee the relationship at manager level to ensure that all services are provided to the highest standards.
o Manager responsibility for day to day requests and queries.
o Manager responsibility for the preparation of accounts and corporation tax returns.
o Liaise with Partners and Senior Manager on salient matters.
o Liaise with the Private Clients Tax Department to ensure that clients get optimal tax solutions. Liaise with the Practice Manager to ensure that invoices are raised for agreed amounts on a timely basis.
o Provide technical reviews and support to all staff but specially juniors.
o Advise on day to day enquiries that require a senior members input.
The successful candidate will have extensive demonstrable skills including the following:
- ACA or ACCA qualified or in the latter stages of qualification, and able to demonstrate a strong technical background.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with business owners.
- Team leadership experience.
- Strong knowledge of technical and regulatory requirements of accounts preparation and corporation tax returns.
- Experience advising similar types of client, either as a Client Manager or in a role with similar responsibility.
- Strong ability to multi-task and exceptional organisational skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and re-negotiate if necessary.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively within a team on urgent issues, and the ability to provide guidance and assistance in effecting solutions.
For further information on this Client Manager role, please apply direct or contact Cody Palmer at AJ Chambers.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'