St. James’s Place is a FTSE 100 Wealth Management company with £89.91bn of client funds under our management. We have grown through the ethos of offering quality, face-to-face wealth management advice and commitment to building trusted and enduring relationships with our clients. We were recently awarded 'Britain's Most Admired Companies - Insurance’ and we are currently recruiting in a number of areas to support our ongoing growth.
Main Purpose of the Job:
The main purpose of the role is to investigate and resolve complaints or case reviews where an appeal has been received from the client or the case has been submitted to the Financial Ombudsman Service for their consideration.
The case officer will be responsible for investigating and addressing the outstanding issues and communicating with the client, their professional adviser or the Financial Ombudsman Service, with the aim of bringing the matter to an amicable and informed conclusion.
- Review documentation to form an understanding of the original decision made and new evidence provided, giving fresh consideration to the complaint and the conclusion drawn and balancing the demands of the client with commercial considerations
- Develop and maintain positive, pro-active, communication with the client in a medium of their choice, building a trusting relationship
- Take ownership and investigate the complaint further where required
- Firmly and fairly reinforce aspects of the complaint where demands are unrealistic or unachievable, and enhance or amend the outcome where required
- Document the outcome to the client, in a letter that clearly defines the further consideration given and any revision to the offer that has been made
- Liaise with Legal, media relations, external PI and senior management as required to protect the business
- Present a balanced summary of events and identify the documentation necessary to submit cases to the Financial Ombudsman Service when required
- Feedback changes to decisions and learning points to members of Client Liaison to continually improve the quality and consistency of decisions reached
- Ability to handle challenging situations remaining calm at all times
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to make decisions and clearly document reasoning and action required.
- Strong negotiation and relationship skills and the ability to develop and maintain positive communication
- Experience of advising, complaint handling or working in a Quality Control/Business Checking environment within the Financial Services industry
- Ability to work under pressure and manage your own work load, with flexibility to reflect changes in priority to respond to urgent requests and meet deadlines as required
Required Technical Knowledge:
- CII Certificate in Financial Planning (CF1-5) or Financial Planning Certificate (FPC1-3) as a minimum
- CII Level 4 Diploma in Financial Planning (or equivalent) preferred or a willingness to work towards
- Strong technical understanding of all financial services products, including life, pensions and investments - as well as Trusts and all types of Tax
How we Reward You
In addition to an attractive salary you will also receive a number of excellent benefits including a non-contributory pension, private medical insurance, life assurance, a share incentive plan, bonus sacrifice arrangements to name but a few.
The Charitable Foundation
We are extremely proud of The St. James’s Place Charitable Foundation. It is a grant-making charity where funds are raised and donated by the St. James’s Place community. The Company matches all funds raised or donated, pound for pound and since its setup in 1992 we have raised and distributed almost £60 million to good causes operating in the UK and abroad.
We are proud of the recognition we receive for the high quality advice and service we provide to our clients. Most recently, this has included being voted the: '2017 Best Private Client Investment Manager' by readers of Wealth Adviser magazine; '2017 Best Wealth Manager' by readers of Shares Magazine; '2017/18 Personal Finance Awards - Best Financial Adviser’by readers of Money Pagesand voted the City of London '2017 Wealth Management Company of the Year'.
How to Apply
To apply for this role please click on the Apply button below.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job