The JLT Group is one of the world's leading providers of insurance, reinsurance and employee benefits related advice, brokerage and associated services. Our client proposition is built upon our deep specialist knowledge, client advocacy, tailored advice and service excellence. Together, we place our clients first, champion independent thinking and expect to be judged on the results we deliver.
The JLT Group has been listed on the London Stock Exchange since October 1987 and today has a market capitalisation of over £2.5bn. The business has been very successful and has grown substantially over recent years with employee numbers increasing from 5,000 to over 11,000 over the last 5 years. Today JLT has offices across 41 territories.Key responsibilities
- Management of client portfolio's to deliver growth for the business
- Maintenance of Client Development Plans and delivery of periodic strategy meetings to ensure we understand the client's business and all of its people issues to identify opportunities where JLT can support them further
- Preparation of compliant reports, recommendations and assimilation of necessary support materials. He/she should communicate these effectively, both verbally and in writing to the portfolio of clients
- Working with the new business team to support tenders and pitches
- Review and monitor commercial aspects of all contracts, including profitability and negotiate
- fees / contracts accordingly
- Prepare and attend governance/review meetings as required
- Deliver growth on clients, and secure sales as determined each year
The successful candidate will demonstrate;
- Experience of successful relationship management role of large corporate clients and dealing with C suite members.
- Proven commercial skills and the ability to identify and secure sales
- Proven Experience in New Business Pitching
- Insight into Benefit Technology
- Employee share schemes
- Flexible Benefit Scheme (called Choices)
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Pension Plan
- Private healthcare scheme
JLT aims to be an equal opportunities employer and we would like to encourage applications from all the community, irrespective of race, religion, gender, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job