- Portfolio management - take complete commercial ownership of a defined portfolio of clients to ensure the smooth day to day running of business, budgeted volumes and revenues for each client within a portfolio are delivered, the profitable revenue from the client are maximised and in conjunction with operations the direct costs associated with the client are minimised, drive appropriate volume growth and ensure timely renewal of contracts and rates in line with business objectives.
- Client meetings - ensure regular account review meetings are held with the client and relevant staff covering a full review of service performance, client issues etc. A key objective within all client meetings is to explore every opportunity to grow business volumes for contracted services (e.g. through advising the client on the best communication and promotional approaches) as well as unearthing new business opportunities.
- Communications - ensure that the client receives prompt feedback on all issues raised or questions asked, and that the communications and processes within the business ensure serious issues are escalated, actions are addressed and we continue to work together to provide our clients with the best service
- Client implementation - maintain accurate and pipeline information and subsequently manage the client onboarding process whereby the client implementation manager is briefed on the set up requirements of the client and jointly action these to ensure that the client goes live within agreed timescales and budgets.
- Account planning - create and maintain up to date account plans for each client outlining key client contacts, analysis of client business volumes, competitor and pricing information, market share data, client profitability, and most importantly, a clear analysis of new business opportunities along with a clear action plan to sell additional services
- Proven account management experience of growing business with major clients, ideally in the retail sector.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build lasting trusted relationships with clients and their key contacts (ranging from the board room, to the warehouse, to customer service and marketing, etcetera).
- The creative flair to advise clients on how to articulate the services to their customers through their chosen communication channels.
- An awareness of online and multichannel retail and a love of shopping.
- An understanding of the different delivery methods in the UK e-commerce market
- IT literate and numerate, with a real attention to detail and the customer at the centre of everything they do.
A self starter with strong planning skills, who gets excited about rolling up their sleeves to get the job done.
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.
- Account Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job