Our client has several regional offices in Kent and an experienced Client Cashier to join the busy Accounts team at our Canterbury office. You should be fully familiar with Solicitors Accounts Rules (SAR's) and the conveyancing process and able to work accurately whilst still meeting critical deadlines. No formal qualifications are required although the Institute of Legal Cashiers Diploma would be an advantage.
- To print and sort transaction instructions sent via e-mail to Accounts Forms
- To accurately input all client/office credits, debits and transfers, with occasional nominal postings;
- To handle all property transactions - checking of completion statements, keying of payments onto Bankline, checking of back-up documents and that all internal procedures have been followed.
- To be the main firm contact point for distribution of payment codes.
- Maintain Bankline CHAPS/Faster Payments templates for all regular payees, adding and removing as necessary.
- To take Visa/Mastercard payments over the telephone and produce receipts for both fee earners and clients.
- Assist Accounts Manager in weekly Cashiers’ report to ensure all transfers are made within 14 day limit.
- Respond to queries from fee earners and secretaries; providing support and training as required or escalate to Accounts Manager as appropriate;
- To produce cheques and sort for second signature where necessary and send to correct branch
- Annual archiving of accounts records and update of manual records;
- Process petty cash reconciliations for all branches;
- Processing credit card statements in the absence of the Accounts Manager.
- To provide cover for the purchase ledger postings in the absence of the Accounts Manager.
- To provide cover for the production of the Business Cashflow in the absence of the Accounts Manager.
- To complete such tasks as required to support the Accounts Department, including filing, photocopying, and other general office duties
- To process all transactions speedily and accurately in accordance with SAR’s, Anti Money Laundering and Cyber Crime policies and procedures;
- Our Client is looking for a smart, capable individual with ambition to do well. Who works hard for their clients and team. Who are equipped with common sense, initiative and enthusiasm. Often creative and resourceful, they like to succeed.
Benefits to You
You will be working with a friendly, welcoming team. Personal development is high on the agenda to support your career aspirations and meet the Firm's business goals.
Benefits depending on the role including:
- 20 - 30 days holiday plus paid bank holidays
- Additional (discretionary) holiday at Christmas
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Pension Scheme (salary sacrifice)
- Social activities
- Perkbox Benefits and Rewards Scheme
- Staff concessions for Conveyancing and Private Client work
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Childcare Vouchers
- Long Service Awards
- Staff Forum
- CSR activities such as Memory Walk for Alzheimers, McMillan Coffee Morning, Jeans for Genes, Wear it Pink plus our Corporate Charity of the Year etc
- Eye Care Vouchers
- Parking Permits (payroll deduction)
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job