Job Title: Client Accountant
Location: Warrington (WA1) - 15-minute walk from Warrington Train Station
Working Hours: Hybrid/Flexible working - 37.5 hours a week
Brookson are recruiting for a Client Accountant to join our Accountancy Services Department. Working as part of an accounting POD, you will be responsible for producing accurate company accounts, tax return and dealing with general queries for our valued limited company customers.
You will support the Lead Accountant to deliver excellent service by liaising with the customers directly via phone, email or face to face to respond to queries and provide a pro-active service that helps our customers make better financial decisions.
We offer the option to work in the office each day if that’s your preference, or we have the option for hybrid working which would mean a minimum of 2 days in the office with the rest remote working. The core team hours are 9.00am - 5.00pm and we have options for people to work flexibly around your home life.
What will you be doing as a Client Accountant?
Deal with day-to-day queries for your portfolio of customers in relation to cash-flow, accounts treatment, company tax advice, personal tax advice, VAT and PAYE
Provide a pro-active service to customers to ensure that they are constantly informed and have full visibility of all areas of their accounts
Prepare statutory and non-statutory accounts.
Assist in the preparation of Self-Assessment Tax returns.
Manage portfolios to ensure Service Level Agreements are achieved.
A full job description is available
What experience are we looking for in a Client Accountant?
- Minimum 2 years’ practice experience
- Proven ability of working towards targets and KPI’s
- Strong excel skills, confident using Look Ups, Pivot Tables
- AAT Level 4 qualified or working towards or adequate knowledge gained through previous work experience.
- Experience of mentoring or training fellow team members
- Proven ability in explaining complex issues over the phone to customers
What makes Brookson different?
At Brookson, not only do we look after our customers, we look after each other too. We have our internal behaviours framework, which is simple to understand. You’ll live them in every interaction with colleagues and customers alike.
WE OWN IT AND GET IT DONE. We do what we say we are going to do. We keep our fingers on the pulse, and make things happen
WE’RE IN IT TOGETHER. This is a team game. The biggest enabler to our business succeeding is us working together as ONE cohesive team.
WE’RE ALL IN FOR THE CUSTOMER. There must be a better way. We challenge ourselves constantly to give our customers the best possible service.
WE DELIVER GREAT RESULTS. Unrelenting tenacity pushes us to break new boundaries again and again.
- Ongoing training and support with regular re-cap sessions
- Annual salary reviews
- Hybrid/flexible working options available
- 23 days’ annual leave, plus bank holidays and your Birthday day off each year pus the opportunity to buy and sell holidays
- Wellbeing benefits include discounted gym membership, access to mindfulness resources, confidential support 24/7, direct GP access and in house Mental Health First Aid team to name a few
- Cycle to work scheme
- Local and online discounts
- Life Assurance policy and Health Care cover
- 5% company pension contribution after 3 months
- Free Financial Advice including Mortgages, Savings, Pensions and more.
This position may also be suitable for you if you are looking for any of the below roles:
Practice accountant, junior tax accountant, assistant accountant, assistant management accountant
- Vat Returns
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'